Who Makes The Best Head Unit

Who makes the best head units?

• Total voters
depends on what you're lookin for. for a basic single din prob kenwood and alpine. for double dins and flip outs, alpine, pioneer, kenwood, jvc.. clarion makes a decent double din/flip out also.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif most top level HUs from any brand nowadays are great. Alpine F1 status decks are still absolutely sick.

How does one define "best?" I've had several Naks that offered very good sound quality and very nice cosmetics, yet their reliability was poor. I had a 880 that didn't sound as clear and resolving as the Naks, but was dead-reliable with excellent tuning features. At the same time, its ergonomics and susceptibility to noise left some to be desired. A 9887 isn't as feature-laden as the Pioneer, doesn't sound as good as the Naks, but offers an excellent interphase with the driver and noise-free performance. So, which is best? Depends on what you're looking for.

Just bought a new Pioneer Premier, but I still would rather have an Alpine for the same amount of money.
I hear you on that one. Most of my life I have only ran with Alpine. Other brands have caught up with them and are leaving them in the dust. My Pioneer Premier PRS800DEH would eat up an Alpine CDA 9886 and 9887 for breakfast lunch and dinner. Hopefully, Alpine will come back and reclaim its place next year otherwise I am keeping my Piioneer head units.

I have loved every eclipse I have gotten my hands on.

pioneer...not so much.

Kenwood would be my second choice

never played with anything else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...