who has competed MECA event

Participant count
  • Participant list

jaco
10+ year member

sex, booze, & tattoos
OK there is an MECA event in my town on the 11th of march

i'm not really ready for it( only 1 amp installed, ported box isn't built yet)

but i'm going anyway.

i was looking over thier rules and they are crazy have to have a fuse 18" from input on amp. and how they rate your class but fuse rating.

and something about a 26" CRX rule, which i have.

i'm not gonna install that fuse and just not compete for points .

but who all has competed in an MECA event, did you like it or hate it.

and who knows what this CRX 26" rule is all about.

i've been itching to go to a show and it's the only 1 close to me for the next 2 months.

but yea they have some very stupid rules.

from what i've read in thier rules i can compete without the fuse.

they'll just use 50% max rating on my amp to and cone aera to class me.

but i won't get any points. which don't matter to me.

still trying to found thier 26" CRX rule

Sorry that I didn't see this thread earlier.

the 26" rule is for non-trunk 2 seat cars such as a CRX or a ford EXP. It's basically in place to make the SPL classes a more level playing field. CRX's are notorious for having an advantage in the lanes because in any other organization they are allowed to build all the way up to the b-pillar.

Anyways, what that rule stipulates is that your sub enclosure cannot extend 26" from the back panel if you want to compete in a street class. If you run in a modified class then you don't have to follow this rule.

And yes, you do not have to run a fuse 18" from the amp if you are a non-member or do not need/want to qualify for points or state records.

12. For non-members and members who are not qualifying: If the system does not have in-line fusing, then the total of on-board fuses will be

used in the “Pressure Class” Formula. If the amplifi er(s) do not have on-board fuses, then one-half (1/2) the amplifi er’s Maximum CEA 2006

rating will be used in order to determine class assignment. If that rating is not available, then one-half (1/2) the maximum peak rating will be

used. If that is not available, then one-half (1/2) the maximum published rating will be used. If that is not available, then one-half (1/2) the theoretical

rating will be used. The theoretical rating is determined by doubling the power when the resistance is halved. For example: the amp has

a rating of 500 watts at 4 ohms from the manufacturer and is 1 ohm stable with no rating, therefore, it has a theoretical rating of 2000 watts at 1

ohm and one-half (1/2) of that would be 1000. In these cases:

{(Total Woofer Amplifi er Power/2) + Total Sqare Inches of Woofer Cone Surface Area} = Pressure Class #

didnt read tommys rediculously long post, but i competed in meca with a rex and your box cant extend 26" from the part where your hatch latches in the center.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.