Who all has video in their ride? (DVD or TV) Any slander, tickets, etc?

no my friend who got pulled over got off...but u can mount the swtich anywhere you want...like ont he steering wheel column or wherever...i think its only the cops on south florida...they love to pull people over with anything more than stock on their cars....

about the camera idea...thought about it...but why would i use it outside the cabin...maybe like one in the back so i can keep an eye on the passengers...they make a nightvision to thats pretty sweet but its a pain in the ass to make it look clean

Yeah, I thought about doing that but man, those cameras are like $250. It's just not worth it to me, I can spend that money elsewhere.
Get one from X-10.com for 49.99, Free Shipping...

sc18a.jpg

http://www.x10.com/cameras/sc18a_s.html

I bought a couple of those for my garage (keeps an eye on the Blaza) and around my house... I took one and cut the end off of it, shorted the 60' Cable and revired it to turn on with my headunit's turn on wire... I had it so it points out the back of the Blazer, so when people at shows look in they see theirselves on the LCDs and are like, Whoa, check it out, I'm on the lil TVs!!!

I had it so it points out the back of the Blazer, so when people at shows look in they see theirselves on the LCDs and are like, Whoa, check it out, I'm on the lil TVs!!!
That is freaking awesome! LOL, I never thought of that! $50, I'm gonna get one of those camera's!

You can get **** like South Park, Futurama, Family Guy, stand up comedy, etc. and not ever have to look at the screen and still enjoy it.

I'm about halfway through 4 or 5 projects right now, and one of them is getting a DVD player/HU for my car. I'm either going with an Alpine model or a Kenwood, not sure yet.

I'm also interested in how much a ticket for something like that is in VA, or any state, just so I have an idea.

It would be even cooler if you hooked up a relay to your reverse lights so that it automatically switched to the camera mode when you put the car in reverse gear.
Thats a feature of Pioneer's AVIC-N1. I don't really trust that machine to be any good with any of its features. Seems to me a navigation/dvd player/cd player/vehicle dynamics/ rearview mirror cam/mp3 storage/other stuff for $1500 must just be a bunch of crap slapped together. I can't see it being descent with any one of its features except maybe vehicle dynamics, but that would be harder to **** up than to get right in the first place.

As far as the ticket comment goes, Ive been told by the guy who installed my in-dash tv that you can have your car impounded by the police if you have one in the view of the driver while driving. Im not saying that I know this for a fact, just what Ive been told. I also live in Delaware, not sure if that makes ne difference.

i bought myself one for Christmas got really excited about it when i was waiting for it 2 come. since then i only seem 2 have it on while iv got mates in the car. when im on my own i dont bother 2 have it on. seems like i have spent all that money just for my mates.

Also reading this thread someone said that they play dvd music videos. don’t seem 2 get many of them over here (UK) any good internet sites which sell these I should know abt?

You can get **** like South Park, Futurama, Family Guy, stand up comedy, etc. and not ever have to look at the screen and still enjoy it.
I find this to be the case with 90% of my viewing. I'm a huge Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm fan, so it doesn't require much "watching". Sure it's nice to watch whem I'm at a stoplight, but other than that it's an occasional glance and listening. If I've got something I've not seen before, I usually watch that when I'm eating my lunch in my truck at work, in two lunches I've watched an entire movie.

i bought myself one for Christmas got really excited about it when i was waiting for it 2 come. since then i only seem 2 have it on while iv got mates in the car. when im on my own i dont bother 2 have it on. seems like i have spent all that money just for my mates.
Also reading this thread someone said that they play dvd music videos. don’t seem 2 get many of them over here (UK) any good internet sites which sell these I should know abt?

http://www.europemusic.com

i have a 5.6 acelevison flipdown and a Rosen dvd player with tuner. I have yet to us the turner thing yet but i am always listening to dvd. I mean i have seen ppl read book on the interstate. I mean it take more brain power to read and understand than to watch.

but I have an other one if i cat get it to work theni will use it. up front.But the only thing I am pissed about is that i put an pinhole size hole in my roof installing it. It does not leak tho. But i am just goona get it painted soon.

i just installed a 6.5" screen underneath my head unit in my grand cherokee... and i have the dvd player mounted in the center console along with some switches.. i keep my movies on the down low... and im gettin my windows tinted , 2% cept for the windsheild so when thats done i dont think i will have a problem with people lookin in my car... i know the windows will be a problem... but id rather get a fix it then get a ticket for my tv... btw, for the people that have gotten caught.. how much is the ticket exactly??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.