Whining through speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
Usually it is, I've done both and have seen that sometimes when I get a whine through the speakers it is because of that ground not being right. Bolt it to someplace behind the dash and the whine goes away. Yet other installs I have had no whine so it all depends on the car and the quality of the grounds in it from factory.

Grounding to the car chassis instead of through the factory harness didn't make a difference so I ran a bare wire from the screw near the rcas and touched each rca shielding with the wire and the noise went away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm getting a whining noise from my one speaker anytime something in the truck activates. When lights are triggered to turn on. Happens when the...
Hello there people! Ive recently purchased a car and it came with a sony xav ax headset. It could be an ax3000 or ax3200. Im wanting to upgrade...
Some manufactures actually cut out some of the low end to prevent speaker damage to the factory speakers. I would consider trying one of these for...
Good luck. Front facing USB it's rare and it's not hard to reroute a USB from the rear. 300 isn't enough for any quality touch screen with 3 sets...

About this thread

2RZ-FE

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
2RZ-FE
Dixon, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date