2107 Durango R/T w/ Beats - AmpPRO AP4-CH41 - Best Approach?

Participant count
  • Participant list

skiz

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm going to be attempting to use an AP4-CH41 in a Durango that came with a factory Beats system.
I'm having a hard time visualizing how to deal with the additional component and center speakers with this module.

This will be headed directly for an AudioControl DM-810 DSP and from there 3(!) amplifiers.

AudioControl LC-4.800 -- (2) rear component tweeters & (1) front center
AudioControl LC-6.1200 -- (2)Front midbass/(2)tweeter components, (2) Rear door coax 6x9s
KICKER CX-1800W -- (2) Kicker CompR 12"

(Yes - I am installing a 320A alternator)

I assume I can tap the center channel and feed it as high level input to the DSP post-factory-amp, is it worth it? Is there a better way?

I currently have an AudioControl L2Ci connected to the factory sub lines running the kickers (meh signal), so this is going to be a huge project. All existing components & coaxial speakers are being replaced with Infinity Reference components (for now). Factory sub removed.

Any suggestions as to how to deal with the input wiring? The center channel and rear tweets + rear coax are throwing me for a loop. Is there a more optimal way to run or ignore these components? I'd rather skip the LC-4.800 if it's worth it (component the rears?).

I'm interested in any experience with this type of setup and options. I assume the AP4-CH41 sums the front and rear channels, then adds 2 sub outs for chan 5/6. I'm not familiar with the 810 DSP, and if I can use both low/high inputs or if it's worth messing with.

I would love to get some feedback on this build as I already have most of the components and hardware on the way. \o/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skiz

CarAudio.com Newbie
skiz
San Jose
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from