whining and poping noise....

Participant count
  • Participant list
Welp, you got a loop somewhere. You should first determine what is causing the noise. If I were you, I would start by disconnecting the rca's from the amps 1 by 1, and check to see if the noise persists after each one.

Welp, you got a loop somewhere. You should first determine what is causing the noise. If I were you, I would start by disconnecting the rca's from the amps 1 by 1, and check to see if the noise persists after each one.
once i disconnect the rcas from the highs amp the nocise quits

Does it quit only after all rca's are disconnected? If so I would try using a different pair of rca's to the amp to see if the rca's could just be bad. Just run them straight from the headunit, through the car, to the amp to find out. Also check your head unit grounding location while it's out.

Noises like this can be a pain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Also, where is the amp mounted? I've seen noises like this occur because of mounting with screws into the chassis.

Does it quit only after all rca's are disconnected? If so I would try using a different pair of rca's to the amp to see if the rca's could just be bad. Just run them straight from the headunit, through the car, to the amp to find out. Also check your head unit grounding location while it's out.
Noises like this can be a pain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

well...the rcas i got connected right now are brand new Stinger rca's and to tell you the truth i do not know where my ground on my headunit it ...lol..i will have to check that

Also, where is the amp mounted? I've seen noises like this occur because of mounting with screws into the chassis.
on a board in trunk...

if you're using the factory ground in the wiring harness, get rid of it and ground directly. If it doesn't eliminate the noise entirely, I can almost guarantee it will help atleast somewhat.

if you're using the factory ground in the wiring harness, get rid of it and ground directly. If it doesn't eliminate the noise entirely, I can almost guarantee it will help atleast somewhat.
kool i do not think it is in the wiring harness i think it is direct but i will go check...

sure thing.

if everything fails, you could always use a ground loop isolator, but lets save that as a last resort //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

sure thing.
if everything fails, you could always use a ground loop isolator, but lets save that as a last resort //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
well that looks like what i am gunna have to have....i grounded the head unit by it self...then ground it through the factory harness...does the same thing...so now i got to get a ground loop isolaor...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.