solid 1500w@1ohm with the least current draw

• modded mtx 81000d

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • soundstream pca-2000d

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hifonics bxi2006d

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
^^^ do what the man said. You won't regret it. You can't go wrong with either one (Brutus or MD2D).
haha, merlin amps are great, and although i've never purchased from him, i've seen bussa give some **** away, like the bnib sx's he had that went for like 70% of new ebay prices...

hes a good seller

enuff of the sundown comments already...i dont have 300+ too spend. I can get a good eal on the bxi so im prolly just gonna go with it and sell my mint 81000d...in the classifieds btw!

what u mean may pops? put me dwn wit ur old school slang... And from what I heard most everybody who gots a bxi runs them at 1ohm unless they got two...

i just bought a brand new bxi2008d off of ebay for $237 after paypal coupon it'll be here on friday..
i would normally say sweet, but i see the vfl 150.1 in your profile and im curious what else your building cuz i hope your not replacing that...

I wouldn't run any of those "budget" amps @ one ohm, but that is just me. At 1 ohm, they become "may pops."
There is even a guy who's running a 1208d at .5 daily and it's fine. Do you have any personal experience with these "budget" amps or are you another one of those followers? Look at how many "may pops" amps are sitting at DB-r waiting for repair. Guess they shouldn't have been ran at 1 ohm either:rolleyes:.

i would normally say sweet, but i see the vfl 150.1 in your profile and im curious what else your building cuz i hope your not replacing that...
yea i blew that amp and don't feel like fixing it so i'm probably just going to sell it as is... And i wanted some trunk room back so my new build will be 2 aq sdc2.5 10" off of the bxi2008d... i think it should get close to as loud as my old setup while saving a lot of room...

There is even a guy who's running a 1208d at .5 daily and it's fine. Do you have any personal experience with these "budget" amps or are you another one of those followers? Look at how many "may pops" amps are sitting at DB-r waiting for repair. Guess they shouldn't have been ran at 1 ohm either:rolleyes:.
Actually, I am old school and try not to run anything less than 2 ohms if I can help it! Blame it on my basic electronics background where I always had it beat into my head that running amplifiers close to a theoretical short puts undue stress on the components and causes excessive heat, thereby reducing useful life. Yes, I know the internals can be engineered, overbuilt, etc. to run at ultra low impedance loads. I just get this gut feeling that low impedance and budget power amplifier don't go together. It is just a personal preference on my part and I guess that makes me an "amp snob.":emb:

Also, I am sure you have seen some of my posts where I said I was going to purchase Sundown, hence the dB-r reference, but I have since changed my mind and I am going MMATS or DD the next time I need a Class D amplifier. Getting back to your dB-r repair reference, I see a lot of guys either begging to send or sending their blown up Hifonics as well as other budget brand name amplifiers to him for repair too. I guess it is the luck of the draw...

Lastly, I know there are lemons in all forms of electronics but I hope that paying more still gets you something a little better.

ETA: Even though I am an "amp snob" I would have absolutely no problems with purchasing a bigger Hifonics, or other budget amplifier, with more RMS than I need and running it at a 2 ohm load. In fact, I have considered doing just that for my dual DD1508 build that I have scheduled for next year.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...