Which would sound better in sealed with 1114rms?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phase One
10+ year member

PA
2 12" Dayton HO's or 2 12" Sundown Audio SA12.

Box is 1.1cf sealed, each chamber.

Amp is JBL GTO1201.1. (1114rms @ 2ohms)

Car is a Camaro hatchback.

Interior speakers are MB Quart coaxils, powered off the factory Delco amp. They get loud, but mid-bass is sloppy. I plan on upgrading to something better with their own aftermarket amp later down the road.

Looking for the cleanest sound possible, but loud.

And I was told by the person @ parts-express.com that the Daytons come in 4ohm SVC, so I can wire the coils parallel to get 2ohms. But, I couldn't find the SVC Daytons on the site, just DVC. Is he bullshittin'? Can someone point them out to me?

Thanks.

Thanks. I must have over looked it. What you said is what I've heard from other people.

Are they good on rock music as well as rap? Those are the only 2 genres I mainly listen to, unless I have a country fan with me then I'll play some of that, too. But, mainly rock and some rap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.