SKAR Audio VVX-12s testing!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Figured I'd cross post this over here to show some tests on the VVX-12s by the Team Sundown Russia guys! IMO the results were impressive

So we've naturally been keeping an eye on Skar Audio over the past year or so due to the questions we get here in Russia from the people that follow our builds....you know, the usual - what do yoy think about Skar subs? when do you think they will be available in Russia? how do they stack up against so and so sub?

so we had to get some
96630200.jpg

96630198.jpg

As most of you already know - the quality and overall fit and finish on these subs is amazing. everything from the full-size dustcap to the magnet boot is just the way it should be

So we popped the into the shop's Audi A4 sedan

96630201.jpg

box is just a shade over 4.5 cubes net with a single 8" flared port firing to the side...on paper tunning is 37hz, but it peaks much lower due to the loading effect of the port firing into the fenderwell

amp is a Sundown Audio SAZ3500D @ 0.5ohms with two XS Power bats and Shok industries wire....the stock alt in the audi is a dog however, so voltage easily drops below 12

so, on to the scores

with the subs fresh out of the package, with no break in we managed a 147.4 @ 30hz

96630202.jpg

this was apparently no sweat for the subs and the were laughing at the power.... which was clamped at 2791 watts on this run with a drop to 11.6 volts and rise to just over 1.1ohms.... very impressive

then we tried 30hz and were rewarded with a 148.00 !!!

96630203.jpg

the subs obviously need more break in - we clamped 2640watts this time with 12volts and slightly over 1.2ohms

then it was time to let them wang full-tilt ob a pretty rough track

full-tilt for 3 minutes on a saz3500@Half-ohm metering 146+ the whole time with no hint of coil-smell = win in my book

overall - we are really impressed with the subs...they pound the lows, move air and can put up numbers

stay tuned for moar vids as i get them uploaded

Man, makes me want my Skar VVX 10s even more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can't wait to get them this Friday!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.