Which Woofers????

BaSsLoVeR2012
10+ year member

Ohio
Right now I have 3 Diamond Audio D3 Dual 2 woofers in a (Big Ported Enclosure)(2 Square Ports) this system is loud! I am thinking of going to 2 15" American Bass XFL1544 Dual OHM woofers which are (1000 RMS) & (2000 Power Max) or 2 American Bass HD15 Dual 2 Ohm which are (1500 RMS) and (3000 Power Max).. But not sure if they would be louder than my 3 10's right now. And if both 15s would fit in my Pontiac Grand am 04... Because that would take alot of space and not leave a lot of air space to let the air move.. Any recommendations should I do one 15? and if so which one would be louder or could I do two? powered by American Bass XFL 150.1 amplifier

2 15's in the trunk is do able , but you'll have to build the box in the trunk.the ab woofers are nice and should get loud enough if you have the room.will definately be lower and move more air.

my buddy did a db test at the floor and it was 147.? ..
With what meter?

All though Im not a big AB fan they will get very loud in the right enclsure and Im sure louder then your Diamonds... However we need to know exactly what space you have and what sort of power you can support...

the trunk is all dynamatted around it and all the floor boards of the car which we did last year because of all the rattles.. would this make my car rattle again? right now the stock wing moves a lot when i have the system up? I just don't wanna have them annoying noises when bumping either.

the trunk is all dynamatted around it and all the floor boards of the car which we did last year because of all the rattles.. would this make my car rattle again? right now the stock wing moves a lot when i have the system up? I just don't wanna have them annoying noises when bumping either.
Yes it will... If done right you will have some decent Flex Id bet let alone ore rattles lol

I'm not real sure what meter he has.. but I am running 0Guage wire and an extra battery in the trunk. he runs a audio shop hes the one who ran everything and does all the work.. I know how to hook up most any woofers and all but when it comes to compatibility im not that great at that.

I'm not real sure what meter he has.. but I am running 0Guage wire and an extra battery in the trunk. he runs a audio shop hes the one who ran everything and does all the work.. I know how to hook up most any woofers and all but when it comes to compatibility im not that great at that.
Youll learn how to install your own stuff right quick around here lol... What brand of wire and what size batt?

I guess Audiocontrol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.