Which Subwoofer

I’m curious what criteria folks on here are using to judge which sub is ‘better’ than another. Subs like the Alpine X and JL W6 have some pretty nice features...

Folks are making claims of ‘this better than that’ and citing nothing to back their claims. Nobody has mentioned motor topology, coil/gap treatment, shorting rings/caps...no modeling results. 

What makes the Audiofrog so much better? I own quite a bit of AF product...I’m quite pleased with it. But people really would do themselves a service by taking time doing some research and learning what it is that makes for a good subwoofer. 

...on a side note the Flatlyne sub looks very interesting...underhung design with a neo magnet. :)
Higher efficiency, less distortion, and better output in the midbass range (output in midbass is an underrated aspect, especially since most people are running mediocre components that barely give output in that range). 

X and W6 are great subs but I wouldn't buy them over the GS or GB series subs (TC already has the W6 so I don't even know why he's making this thread, just keep them)

Last edited by a moderator:
Icecube91 said:
I am wanting to do a custom ported box that  is ported through my ski-hole in my car and will run 2 10s off a 1200watt amp. Want to know which would be louder? 2 10" JL Audio W6v3 or 2 10" Alpine X series? Also thinking about the Sundown SA. Box will be 2.5 cubes net tuned to about 33 hertz.
just man up and get am EMF Ermagerd. Theyre only $2300 each and require a taramps 15k to make em run properly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.