Which subwoofer out on a Kenwood DDX371/amp selection?

tkreck

I have a Kenwood DDX371, which has both a right and left subwoofer out. I don't have an amp yet and am in the process of shopping for one. I only plan to run one 10" sub (Pioneer TS-SW2502S4). I don't see anything about using the left or right out in particular if I only run one sub channel. Is either one designated as the preferred output if only one channel is run? Or do I need to run both channels and get a 2-channel amp that will bridge them to the single sub?

Thanks!

On other similar devices, I've seen a "mono" designation next to one output, indicating that if you're only going to use one, use that one. I'm not seeing that with this head unit. If I'm understanding you correctly, I don't have that option on this head unit? I *must* use a stereo amp and bridge it into my single sub rather than getting a monoblock amp and choosing one of the two sub outputs?

Last edited by a moderator:
What similar devices? Are we talking home theater. Your mono amp will have a left and right rca connections. Just use them both. Very, very few automotive amps use a single mono input. I can't name one of the top of my head.

Yup, I was thinking home audio. I had assumed that mono amps only had a single RCA connection, and you what happens when you assume. That was the missing bit of info I needed, thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.