Which subwoofer do I go with…? And what size??

Dual 6.5” SKAR or a single 8” SKAR

• Go with the two 6.5”s in a ported box

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Go with the single 8” in that ported box

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Participant count
  • Participant list

JahCOUSTEAUU

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a couple vehicles that I’m workin on a “DiY” kinda build… I’m adding some bass to the stock system in my girls car… I’m tryin to decide… do I go with two 6.5 SKAR AUDIO EVL or just one 8” SKAR (both boxes will be ported) which setup is gonna give me more bass? The amp I’m using is the SKAR RP-350. By the way, I’m upgrading the rest of the speakers as well for better acoustics and overall sound quality, they won’t be amplified tho, they’ll be powered off the stock radio… any thoughts?

I have a couple vehicles that I’m workin on a “DiY” kinda build… I’m adding some bass to the stock system in my girls car… I’m tryin to decide… do I go with two 6.5 SKAR AUDIO EVL or just one 8” SKAR (both boxes will be ported) which setup is gonna give me more bass? The amp I’m using is the SKAR RP-350. By the way, I’m upgrading the rest of the speakers as well for better acoustics and overall sound quality, they won’t be amplified tho, they’ll be powered off the stock radio… any thoughts?
If the 8 is also an EVL, I would opt for the 6.5s. More cone area and more visually pleasing. As for the doors, make sure you get same impedance as the OEMs, and that the sensetivity is 90 db and above. Otherwise the headunit power will not suffice for a full sound.

If the 8 is also an EVL, I would opt for the 6.5s. More cone area and more visually pleasing. As for the doors, make sure you get same impedance as the OEMs, and that the sensetivity is 90 db and above. Otherwise the headunit power will not suffice for a full sound.
Yeah the 8 wasn’t goin to be the EVL I would be ordering the SVR cause I’m only powering the pair of 6.5 EVL or the single 8” SVR with about 300 wts and all I have is about 1.2cubic ft to utilize for the sub setup… but thank you I will definitely make sure the impedance is the same and tht the 90db or better, very good advice… So you think the single 8’ is more cone area than the pair of 6.5’s together ?

Yeah the 8 wasn’t goin to be the EVL I would be ordering the SVR cause I’m only powering the pair of 6.5 EVL or the single 8” SVR with about 300 wts and all I have is about 1.2cubic ft to utilize for the sub setup… but thank you I will definitely make sure the impedance is the same and tht the 90db or better, very good advice… So you think the single 8’ is more cone area than the pair of 6.5’s together ?

No a single 8 is not more cone area it's less by a fair margin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...