Which subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jerry559

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all I have always had a car system but have never really had anything aside from the basic common brands out there. i have a 2017 silverado that i am currently looking to put a system into. After alot of thinking i have decided to go with 2-8" subs in a ported box. This will be a budget build so Im not trying to break the bank. i have my eyes on a few different subs. Some a little more than others. can anyone help me make the right choice in picking subs. Again i am not very educated with subs and brands so I will just list a few subs ive been looking at.
top choices.....
*ampere audio 2.5rve
*ssa f8l
*american bass vfl
*sundown sa-8
*skar evl

cheaper options....
*massive audio gtx
*incriminator audio i series
*ds18 elite z-8
*audio legion s25
*toro audio force-8
*seismic audio laf084
*soundqubed hds2
*ct sounds strato
thanks again in advanced

Either the Sundown Pop listed or the SSA F8L in the top choices or from the bottom a Soundqubed that pop listed. Wouldn't hesitate on those first two at all and the third would be a decent cheap option.

Yes. Easy to shrink a box if needed.
So you think it would be easy to shrink the box if I had to? It’s an under the seat box. Has the subs facing forward on the driver side and the port facing forward on the passenger side. Also what do you think would be a good amp to pair with the sundowns. I’ve been eyeing the taramps, Sundown sfb, or skar rp. Would you recommend any of those? Or any other for that matter?

Last edited:
Yes if you needed to shrink it a couple/few 2x4s can add some displacement. I prefer side ports on under seat boxes so the port has a "loading wall" but you should be fine.

Sundown SFB 2000 or Taramps MD1800 would me my choice. Can't recommend Skarbage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.