Which sub is the best?

NateDawg122
10+ year member

USA
Alright I have narrowed down my options on a 12" sub for my next system. I am trying to keep the cost down so here are some options: 1 DC Audio Level 3, Sundown SA12, Skar VVX 12, Kicker L7, and MAYBE (but very unlikely) a SSA Icon. I am looking for great sound quality as well as a sub that can hit the lows hard and clean. Also the sub will be used for everyday punishment so the last thing I need is something that blows in 3 months. Don't have room for any huge boxes, about 2 cubic feet is my limit. My amp is a Hifonics BRZ1200.1 (I know it ***** just bare with me). Really need some advice here so what's the verdict?

I'm agreeing with @RangerDanger on this one. That Icon is a nice SQL sub. SSA =great products, great customer service!

I hope you don't pick up the SKAR.

mx was their step above but is in a different class as a 1500rms sub its like comparing apples and oranges, but compared to his list this is top of the line

Amazon.com: RE Audio MX Series MX15-D2 15" Dual 2ohm Subwoofer: Car Electronics

the mx's are low end monsters, the sx's get louder and generally like to be tuned at 30-32 while the mx's like to go lower

also the effeciency of the sx is much higher hence you dont have to put 1000 plus on it to get loud, where the mx needs thee xtra juice but may have more low end potential with the bigger 4 inch coil

stephens30228

I hope you don't pick up the SKAR.
The skar would actually do what he is wanting quite well (as would pretty much all his other choices). The only one he mentioned that may not fit his needs is the Kicker but sound quality means different things to different people. He may very well be happy with the kicker also.

depends on which subs, it does not compare to any dd subs as they are for a different purpose, the owner of fi created the re mx but he has nothing really to compare its like a cross between the fi q and btl, the sundown z series would be the closest to match it, but again we are comparing an underhung motor to a standard setup. the mx is a monster and an amazing find as they are getting hard to find like the sx's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.