Which speakers from best buy?

jdraughn
10+ year member

Utah
Seeing as how I am a little broke at the moment, I have been thinking about buying a set of speakers from best buy using my credit.

Can anyone recommend anything from them that would sound good? I listen to everything from soft rock to hard rock to hip hop to newage. I am not looking for good imaging or staging, just something that can crank pretty good without breaking up and can play pretty decent mid bass.

My doors fit 6.5" and I can mount tweeters and/or mids seperate if need be. I am going to seal up and sound deaden my doors before installing whatever I get.

I will be running about 100 watts RMS to each side. If I have seperates I could probably throw a seperate amp on the mids and/or tweets.

I know best buy isin't exactly the best place to buy from, but they do carry infinity and pioneer.

I have had bad experience with some 3.5" infinity kappa's I had once (the cones broke up into pieces). I had awesome experience with 12" pioneer subs 15 years ago until one day I woke up and found them stolen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I really dislike **** licking SONY though. I hate hate any mother****in sony piece of ****. Yeah, can you tell I have not had any good experiences with... I better not say their name again, don't think the young ears can handle it.

they carry pioneer premieres? i dont feel like checking, not sure on your budget either

and whatever you do

DONT GET SONY

i got some infinity speakers there i would deff buy them again they hit the mids and highs great and if u have a sub u got the lows down to. i would deff recomend them to you

the type r's arnt bad... you will just pay like $240 for comp and $150 for coax. my friend got the r's from local store for $109 so bb highly raises its prices.

The only speaker I'd pretty much be interested in is Infinity Kappas. References are weak on midbass, I hear Kappas hit harder and have a clearer all around sound. Don't remember if they carry the better Pioneer components but there's a pair I always heard good things about that are said to be excellent for the price. If I were in the market for one of the low end or mid level head units they carry I wouldn't hesitate as they have a very good head unit selection in that range but there's only a couple of speakers and one or two subs there that I like. People can get snobbish about the chain stores but the fact is you have to know exactly you're looking for. BB has Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, and I believe Panasonic. Ranging from decent to excellent brand names with a reputation for quality. But under some brands they may not carry the highest end top of the line versions of certain things that have the more sophisticated SQ oriented options that you're likely to find on HUs carried in a stand-alone store.

Example: How is an Alpine CDA 9886 that so many people rave about (for reasons I don't understand) which was purchased from Best Buy somehow inferior to the same HU purchased from a high end audio store. Best Buy is not all bad. They have a bunch of good brands that are good for people who are in the market for that level of equipment but they tend not to carry top of the line version of everything. It's where I got 3 out of my last 4 Alpine head units from and nothing went up in flames just because it came from a Best Buy store.

They installed my first mid/high amp and when I went to replace it at a high end store that carries stuff like Hertz, Eclipse and Audison I was told that the rest of the install was good enough that they could basically just drop a new 4 channel in without messing with much of anything else and call it a day.

Thanks for the info guys. Im not sure if I am going to bother. I am using a couple of small book shelf speakers facing up on the floor next to my kick panels. They sound pretty good, they are 3 way but have only got like 4" woofers.

I have two 12" subs in the back. I find myself turning cranking the low pass xover point way high to make up for the loss of bass coming from the 4" woofers. Then I end up with a muddy sounding system that does not seem to hit quite as low.

I am currently pooring all my money into the machine work and parts for a slightly modifed engine for my 1990 vette. Once thats done I plan on 8 to 10" midbasses in the vette, a good mid range, and image dynamics horns under the dash.

for the subs im still very undecided. Thinking some W7s, possibly even in isobarik. Two 13.5 in a vette sound good? (well, actually 4).

Only speakers I would buy from BB is Alpine or Infinity. I have 3 sets of Type-S's and my buddy liked they way they sound so he went up and got a pair of 6x9's. Needless to say, he paid more for the 1 pair then I did for the 3, but if thats what you want to do...

Im just saying, Alpine makes some nice speakers, I love mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.