Which sound deadener?

Check the Socal thread. There's a guy selling roadkill for 90.00. Was going to buy it, but I don't have the $ right now. @xxxbasshead
Not dissing, but $60 for 100mil to cover the whole trunk is pretty hard to beat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not dissing, but $60 for 100mil to cover the whole trunk is pretty hard to beat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
and that shit is beefy man

I had the 80mil, applied it to my rear deck, and it's total hush now. The 100mil will work wonderfully

No worries brotha. Yeah that's a good deal. The roadkill would actually do the trunk and prolly 2 doors.

I need sound deadener/vibration dampening for my trunk lid and license plate since they rattle. My budget is 100 dollars.
you dont use deadener for license plate man. You use weatherstrip foam tape from home depot to decouple the license plate from the metal, works 1000x better then deadener.

So wait does stuff like Damp pro (the foil with the glue on it) keep road noise out or does it just reinforce the panels making them not flex as much therefore not making as much noise? My understanding is to make my truck quiet is I gotta put damp pro all over everything metal and then line my floor with the Luxury Liner stuff... right?

So wait does stuff like Damp pro (the foil with the glue on it) keep road noise out or does it just reinforce the panels making them not flex as much therefore not making as much noise? My understanding is to make my truck quiet is I gotta put damp pro all over everything metal and then line my floor with the Luxury Liner stuff... right?
Typically applied to the floorboard to kill road noise. Applied to the doors to seal the "box" and to stop rattling. Applied to the rear/trunk/roof to silence vibration from the subs. Does not have to cover every square inch though.

Damp Pro is a deadener. Its designed for 2 purposes. First is a viscoelastic layer (butyl) that absorbs vibrations and turns them to heat and dissipates via the aluminum layer. The second is by adding mass to a panel to change the resonant frequency.

You would use MLV or mass loaded vinyl to keep the road noise out and the audio in.

To do things properly you also need CCF or closed cell foam. Closed cell foam is used to decouple vibrating panels or 2 other surfaces that rub/make noise against each other.

Typically applied to the floorboard to kill road noise. Applied to the doors to seal the "box" and to stop rattling. Applied to the rear/trunk/roof to silence vibration from the subs. Does not have to cover every square inch though.
Majority of post is incorrect. See above. The right part is you dont have to cover every square inch. The 25% rule applies. 25% coverage is where the cost to benefit ratio of covering every square inch just isnt worth it for the minimal gain you get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.