Which re more spl?

ry4n

tx
I know this is such a n00b question. I have limited space. I know the re8s and the 12xxx will have plenty of sq but which will have more spl?

which will have more spl?

six re8s and a hifonics 1000rms

or

12xxx and a kicker 1200rms

i know the 8s will have more cone space but the xxx is huge.

any opinions please

I don't know which would have more SPL, I haven't heard either and it would depend on the install. Can you wire 6 RE8s to a load that will work well with the Hifonics?
Yes I belevie it would be close to the ideal 1 ohm load

the SE has more SPL than the XXX if IIRC
Not sure where you got that. Perhaps you mean the SX.

The SE is no longer made, replaced by the SX. Someone recently did a test of the RE subs and the SX came out with slightly more SPL than did the XXX. The test used a 1000 watt amp, just about ideal for the SX, but definitely didn't get the XXX moving to its potential. But, now people are running around saying the SX has more output potential, when in fact its displacement is lower than the XXX.

In reality, the MT is the only sub RE currently makes with more output potential than their XXX line.

HC is no more...there's the RE, SE, SX, XXX, MT

Daily driving, with 1kw+, I'd put my money on the XXX being the loudest. SPL applications, MT...

If your burping, and that is all the SX will get louder than the XXX. I believe in Davids post he said the SX was louder in his application than mts. I know in his Street B car he uses SX's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.