Which one? Suggestions?

ninjaklay

Ohio
Hey guys, I had 4 halfway decent 12's in my trunk of my altima, and they hit hard as hell. I got rid of them so that i can get somethin better that hits harder. I was considering 2 jlw3's and 2 500\1 jl audio amps. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Im looking to spend 2000 dollars or under. Size doesnt matter, im not gonna discrimiunate between 10's or 18's, but i want somethin that will sound halfway decent w\ other music besides rap, although i want it to be loud as hell. Thanks.

Have you ever heard digital designs.

http://www.ddaudio.com/35kSeries.htm

These are some awesome subs. These things hit hard. THese with a 1200 watt amp would knock the fillings out of some teeth

Just incase you do decide on JL the 2 W3s will only need one 500/1 amp as it puts out right under 1000W at 2 ohms.

JL underrates their subs and amps but they also match their ratings for the two.

Speakers are rated @ 250W but handle 500W. Amp is rated @ 500W but puts out 1000W.

Another 4 sub system using JL components would POUND and have accurate response. All the while costing less than $2000.

Dont forget to put a couple 1 farad caps into the mix for tighter, cleaner bass.

Originally posted by :Just incase you do decide on JL the 2 W3s will only need one 500/1 amp as it puts out right under 1000W at 2 ohms.
No it doesn't.It puts out 500w RMS from 1.5ohm-4ohm.

http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/5001.html

Specifications:

Rated Power:

500 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm

(11V-14.5V)

THD at Rated Power:

S/N Ratio*:

>95dB below rated power

Frequency Response:

5 Hz-500 Hz (+0, -1dB)

Damping Factor:

>500 @ 4 ohm/50 Hz

Input Range:

switchable from 200mV-2V RMS

to 800mV-8V RMS

Dimensions:

13.4"L x 9.25"W x 2.36"H

Features:

Differential-Balanced Input Topology:

(1 pair of inputs)

On-board Crossover:

fully-variable (40-200 Hz),

selectable-slope LP (12 or 24 dB per octave)

Preamp Output:

2-channel (independent active filter, parallel with amp filter or full-range)

Bass EQ:

parametric with variable boost up to 15dB and Remote Bass Control (optional)

Infrasonic Filter:

fully-variable 24dB/octave from 15-60 Hz

Signal-Sensing Turn-On:

permits operation without remote lead

Dual mono speaker output connections:

accept up to 8ga. wire

+12V and Ground connections:

accept up to 4ga. Wire

Originally posted by :Dont forget to put a couple 1 farad caps into the mix for tighter, cleaner bass.
Not! A cap will help you if your headlights and interior lights dim. For tighter, cleaner bass put your subs in a sealed box.

Yah ramos is right,,,, why the heck would you think it puts out 1000w man...... That rip technology is great for some things but it has the down side that there is no advantage with 2 ohms,,, oh well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.