which one is my posotive wire, ****it. pics inside... this is pissing me off

reed dollaz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ocala, FL
ok first off, yes. i used a test light. with the car off, neither of them light up. with the car on, they both light up. its hard to see in the picture but i have a red wire with a black line, and black wire with a red line. WHICH ONE is my **** posotive wire. these are my old stock 5 1/4 wires running from my HU that now house the input section of my crossover until i get an amp. also.. my midranges has NO bass whatsoever. the 6x9's do. when i first installed my 6x9s, they had no bass. until i realized i had them wired backwards. but this, had no bass at all. are midrange supposed to not have much bass? i hooked up just the 6.5" to the HU's speaker wire, and it BOOMED. now with the cross over active. nothing. the crossover also has a switch inside of it, +3 0 and -3 ---- what are they? anywhere heres the pics. u can kind of see the red line on the black wire in the first pic, but i couldnt get a good angle of the black wire on the red one... sorry. but its the same thing. just reversed. red w/ black on it

Picture029.jpg

Picture028.jpg

the red one SHOULD be posative. but only the person who installed it knows.

how about you try swapping where the + was for the - and see if that helps. unless you have time alignment, thats the best phase correction you could get.

and as far as bass goes. they arent subwoofers. they arent meant to play bass. their crossover point is prolly like 100hz. i dont know what to tell you, my CDT's when i had them back in the day didnt have any bass eaither. *shrug*

the red one SHOULD be posative. but only the person who installed it knows.
how about you try swapping where the + was for the - and see if that helps. unless you have time alignment, thats the best phase correction you could get.

and as far as bass goes. they arent subwoofers. they arent meant to play bass. their crossover point is prolly like 100hz. i dont know what to tell you, my CDT's when i had them back in the day didnt have any bass eaither. *shrug*
well yea considering its a midrange and not a midbass. but when i hooked it up without the cross over, it got everything. lots of bass. so does that mean the cross over has a build in HPF? do midbass drivers deliver highs also? 2 way components with tweeters and midbass dont seem like they would put out enough vocals. or is that why its best to go the 3way route? if so.... then thats where im headed next. im about to leave here in about 10 min to go pickup my amp for my components. show pics when i get back, and ill post pics of my final component install. its kind of ghetto tho.. couldnt fit the 6.5 in my door without fabrication so i mounted it on the outside of the door. now gotta find something to gill the gaps with (youll see when i post up the pics)

we can see you mounted it to the plastic door panel in the 2nd pic
but u havent seen the outside. it doesnt look bad.. theres just 2 gaps on each side where my stock grill went. once i show pics, maybe u can suggest something to fill the gaps? black model clay maybe?

it doesn't matter, as long as you hooked up the same wire to both positives or both negatives

i would have hooked up the wire with the most black on it to both negatives...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.