which old school hu is better

Participant count
  • Participant list

csb41502
10+ year member

new york
im trying to throw a system together with stuff i had laying around.its a 97 saturn.i put cdt components up front and im gonna run them off a soundstream amp i just picked up off here.i have a pioneer premier dex-p98r and a clarion drx-9375rz laying around.they both worked great when i pulled them out.i wanted to use one of them along with an earthquake indash eq.is this agood setup?any info is appreciated

My vote is for the Clarion and if you can find one of the multiple EQ/DSP's they have for them, get it. They are both, for the most part, on par with each other. The Clarion is a pinch more high end.

I'm trying to be unbiased about this too. I've never liked the older Pioneer HU's, but have always been a Clarion freak. I have more Clarion HU's then I should, but I'm a collector of them. ADCS-1, 7770, 5780CD, DRX9375r, DRX9575Rz, 920EQ, DPH9300. And I'm still looking for more.

My vote is for the Clarion and if you can find one of the multiple EQ/DSP's they have for them, get it. They are both, for the most part, on par with each other. The Clarion is a pinch more high end.
I'm trying to be unbiased about this too. I've never liked the older Pioneer HU's, but have always been a Clarion freak. I have more Clarion HU's then I should, but I'm a collector of them. ADCS-1, 7770, 5780CD, DRX9375r, DRX9575Rz, 920EQ, DPH9300. And I'm still looking for more.
i have one of the eq dsp modules for the clarion as well....i've had most of those Clarions at 1 time or another

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.