Which of these two for 12" Type-R sub

I plan on putting one 12" type R in the back of my Tahoe(space not an issue) and i'm mainly concerned with high SQ. After reading many of the posts that does not necessarily mean I should go with a sealed box over ported, but here are my main two options:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-ALPINE-TYPE-R-SUB-ENCLOSURE-SWR-1222D-SWR-1242D-BOX_W0QQitemZ150167863913QQihZ005QQcategoryZ50568QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7008542&st=q+logic&lp=5&type=product&cp=1&id=1099392684268

put in sealed mode

I'm also open to other suggestions if someone knows of a better enclosure idea for approx. the same cost of 120 bux.

Additionally, any recommendations on amps would be beneficial as well. My plan for now is to get the Alpine MRP-850 and run it at 800rms at 2ohms. If I were to do this, should i get the Alpine SWR-1242D with dual 4-ohm voice coils or the Alpine SWR-1222D with dual 2-ohm voice coils. I'm a newb and not sure which is proper, or if it even matters. As with the enclosures, i'm open to other amp suggestions as well within the same price range of ~250.

Thanks for any help.

Definitely the eBay box. IMO. You can always get someone to build you a cheap box. Get the Dual 4, it'll give you a final load of 2 ohm when wired in parallel. The Alpine is definitely a nice amp, if you have the money, get it.

if it has to be a prefab get the 1.75 cube ported q-logic. but i would stay far away as possible from prefab.

have someone like fishercustoms.com build one for you. 2 cubes @33 hz works well. i'd even say 2.5 cubes @ 34 hz with your given power.

ive been tryin to design a ported box for one of my 12" type-r's, and ive read that 2.5ft^3 tuned to about 35hz would sound good and get loud.. im wondering if that 2.5ft^3 is gross volume or volume w/o the displacements....

i also suggest going with a custom built enclosure buy a credible builder, it will make much better use of your subwoofer and will fit better in your vehicle, as well as match the color of your interior. yes it may cost you a bit more and will take a bit longer. but if you're concern with performance and getting your moneys worth and actually saving time and money in the long run. custom built enclosures are the way to go. there are two great builders on the posts above mine that can help you out with the builds. good luck on this project.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.