which is better?

probably subs seeing as most components always come in pairs which can only be wired from two channels (correct me if i'm wrong).

As with everything else, it depends. If you can find a quality two-channel amp that makes the power you need at the impedance you need then it is good. If a mono amp can do the same thing it is good. Most newer mono amps are class D and have a rather limited frequency range which eliminates them from use as a mid-high amp. They are also generally more powerful and much more efficient than a simularly priced two-channel amp and this suits them to sub duty. If you are looking for really high power, mono Class D is pretty much the only way to go. For a modestly powered system, a two-channel amp can drive subs just as well as mono.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.