Which is a better pick, JL or RF for a $2000 rig?

that's just the retail price on dayton audio manufacture's website. that isn't the actual price you pay. So in actuality the total would've been alot cheaper including the dayton ultimax he suggested which is $169.60 on partsexpress 
yeah i didn't know if it could be bought straight from Dayton or not just seen that price and went to pe. To make sure they didn't jack the price up. Planning on getting one soon for myself. Also wanted to let op know. Thought the sub was a little high 2. Haven't looked at one of those in a while.

Which ******* ran off what *******. I must of missed something? On you on flob lol?
yeah there.. if u talk to much crap to someone they delete post in like 3 mins.. and if u insult a guys system like people do here they ban u.. so when guy had planet audio amp and crap sub other day i said yeah get wire here and later upgrade to like a pioneer amp etc., just be nicer as people should be.. instead of u aholes keep buying skarbage or ta-**** correcting new people for not using a period that are asking basic questions and he never gives opinion just complains like here but on his next post he misspeels words and i guess he thinks that's fine

also wanted to mention, I don't want things "loud", but more so .. quality and bass that's enough to feel it in my body.  And a bass turn know so I can regulate the sub volume.

i.e. In my Expedition I positioned the bass ( 2 JL Audio 10W3v3-4 10" in a sealed box) right behind my driver's seat, and other than the audible sound, it hits me nicely with the air vibrations as well

Last edited by a moderator:
also wanted to mention, I don't want things "loud", but more so .. quality and bass that's enough to feel it in my body.  And a bass turn know so I can regulate the sub volume.

i.e. In my Expedition I positioned the bass ( 2 JL Audio 10W3v3-4 10" in a sealed box) right behind my driver's seat, and other than the audible sound, it hits me nicely with audio waves as well

Also in the Expedition I replaced 4 speakers (front and second row seats).  CR-V itself has 8 stock speakers.  I'm debating if doing just 2 speakers will be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah there.. if u talk to much crap to someone they delete post in like 3 mins.. and if u insult a guys system like people do here they ban u.. so when guy had planet audio amp and crap sub other day i said yeah get wire here and later upgrade to like a pioneer amp etc., just be nicer as people should be.. instead of u aholes keep buying skarbage or ta-**** correcting new people for not using a period that are asking basic questions and he never gives opinion just complains like here but on his next post he misspeels words and i guess he thinks that's fine
idk man haven't been on FB in years really. Still have an account,just got tired of seeing what everybody was having for dinner. 
I think you should just ignore whatever bothers. Maybe letting things go that don't really matter.

i.e. In my Expedition I positioned the bass ( 2 JL Audio 10W3v3-4 10" in a sealed box) right behind my driver's seat, and other than the audible sound, it hits me nicely with audio waves as well

Also in the Expedition I replaced 4 speakers (front and second row seats).  CR-V itself has 8 stock speakers.  I'm debating if doing just 2 speakers will be enough.
Using a DSP and buying the speakers individually will be the way to go then for quality...  the bass will depend on your enclosure, the sub and the power you put to it. I run a 10" sub at 2 ohms using less than half the power my 1200w amp puts out... I feel it plenty if I want too... so do people next to me or inside of where I work. If you are unsure about your skills or using a DSP... have it professionally installed. This is just my opinion but just replacing the factory system will improve the sound quality. You could go a more simple route... 5 or 6 channel DSP amp, midrange priced components and spend the majority of the budget on a proper install. Sound deadening, big three upgrade, AGM battery, OFC cables, more sound deadening, custom sub enclosure, sound deadening. This sounds more like what you are looking for. You may even be able to keep your factory head unit.

ZPzQjP3.jpg

Jeez man... I never knew you felt THAT way, it always seemed you liked the abuse cause the misinformation never abated from your posts.

Some threads were toxic in the rebuttals to your posts, but hey... glad you found a kiddie pool that everyone plays nice at.

Jeez man... I never knew you felt THAT way, it always seemed you liked the abuse cause the misinformation never abated from your posts.

Some threads were toxic in the rebuttals to your posts, but hey... glad you found a kiddie pool that everyone plays nice at.
if your main reason for being on a site or online is to see how many people u can piss off or insult just to be a cyber bully u are the ones that cause people to kill themselves.. now u will say as u just did waaa but it's u who is wasting space and spreading hate and destroying this site and the internet.. and u and all like u should be banned

idk man haven't been on FB in years really. Still have an account,just got tired of seeing what everybody was having for dinner. 
I think you should just ignore whatever bothers. Maybe letting things go that don't really matter.
well if u go to a stereo site they don't have pics of dinner..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.