Which is a better amp?

The kicker.

Why? - It's a kicker vs a Soundstorm.

Kicker's $90-100 and will give you 300-350w rms and should last a lifetime if you take care of it. Plus it will retain some value when you decide you want more power.

Soundstorm was what $60? Might put out 200w rms and you've done well if it lasts a year. Plus, you'd have trouble giving it away once you've used it.

If your question is which amp is better for a certain application? My answer is we need more information. Although, the answer is almost certainly going to be the kicker. IF you're just asking about the quality of each amp then the answer is absolutely the kicker. I tend to agree with NoLoud though, i'd spend the money for a solid amp that will last you a long while. Everyone will have their own opinion. I like the DD amps, Kicker isn't bad, TC, Crescendo seems pretty good too. There are tons of amps and manufacturers to choose from.

Well the ssl amp actually came with my truck when I bought it. I just wanted something to convince myself to upgrade lol. I have a single 10 in PB sub I will probably upgrade too eventually. I'll check out that amp, thanks for the suggestion

We all have to start somewhere dude, that's not a bad sub to start your car audio journey with. Pretty good sensitivity as well which means you won't need a very big amp to get it going pretty hard. A true 500 watts rms on that sub and it'll probably make you very happy. Make sure it's in a good box. Not a prefab. If you need any box design help feel free to hit me up, there are several very good box guys on here aswell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.