Which is a better amp.

Is active actually that much better then using a passive x-over?
Better "almost" everytime. Reluctant to say "everytime" because there have been some world champs running passive in the past that were on the money. The passives they used were not "boxed" with a comp. set though. So anyway, go active and you will hear the difference.

You use the crossovers on the amp to set the levels. It is easy - especially on a good amp like a slash series. A big plus is that you can adjust the gain for each part of the component independently of the other. If you want more power to you midbass, then you can do it.

Hook up - on a 4 channel, wire the tweets to the front channels and the midbass to the rears. Tune is up to your ears. I don't remember what my setting are, but I can look if you want.

Hook up - on a 4 channel, wire the tweets to the front channels and the midbass to the rears. Tune is up to your ears. I don't remember what my setting are, but I can look if you want.
^^^ that works fine and would be better than passive, but ideally you would get a 3-way x-over with a high pass for tweets, "bandpass" filter for mids, and a sub out. Some amps will have the bandpass x-over feature but most don't.

My JL 450/4 has a bandpass crossover. I don't know about the 300/4, but I don't think that it does (I don't own one though). If you are in the market for an amp, then you can always select one with with a BP filter.

im a old school bass head... thats all my focus was on... you throw in numerous 6x9s and as many speakers as possible for highs and you were set.... please explain how to wire the active set up with component sets.... ive used plenty of passive, but highly interested in eliminating all the crossovers i have,... and its better and sounds awesome? are you kidding me? look at all the crossovers i have to wire!!!! im all about learning the active... school me!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.