Which Double din HU?

TxIceMan
10+ year member

Need advice on a Double Din HU. Looking really hard at the Kenwood DDX8019, but I also have eyes on the AVIC-D3 and Z2. NAV is a must and I realize I need to get the KNA-G510 for the Kenwood unit. Which HU do you guys think would be best for SQ and playing Mp3s from DVD? Any thoughts on the Pioneer Navigation in comparison to the Kenwood/Garmin Navigation?

Thanks,

TxIceMan

have you looked at the eclipse lines?

the avn5510 might be right up your alley. i am going to get the avn 6610 because it has 2 dvd slots.

i have a 2454 in my scion tc and i like it. the new units are 5V preamp outputs, which is a plus for sound and speakers. other brands are only 2.5 / 2 preamp.

I second the Eclipse AVN6610....i got the Bluetooth version on the way to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i have a 1 month old 6019 with navi in my truck and an Avic D3 in my lexus. i like the simple interface of the kenwood navi hands down. i am also running BT on both units and like them equally. the SQ in my truck is quite nice, but i am running an AC3.1 in it so as far as basic deck quality its a toss up if you ask me. i picked up the D3 for under 700 the kenwood was 900. i can say that i love the somewhat larger screen of the 6019 though. it really does make a difference when you see two different units on a constant basis.

I was planning on no more than 800. These are what i have looked at.

Flush Mounted screens. I'd go with an eclipse. Hands down.

Eclipse

AVN6600

AVN6610

For a flip-out I would prefer Kenwood. They Look very sexy, And can find some for good prices.

Kenwood

KVT-719DVD

KVT-915DVD

Few More in that range.

id like double din but would be fine with single just need it to play dvds and have an aux port and do not want kenwood just a personal thing i like the pioneer and also eclipse any other good brands?

I second the Eclipse AVN6610....i got the Bluetooth version on the way to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Is that the paret Blue Tooth?

I installed that today man.. thats a cool setup for a blue tooth..

best out That Iv heard anyway..

I vote EClipse Or Clarion..

Peace troy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.