Which deadener

wp7456
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
orlando
My sax 125.2 and ID CTX65cs comps will be here soon, and I need to order some deadener. I have read that 60 sq. ft. of raamat btx will be fine for 2 doors. (I may or may not do the trunk, depends on how difficult it is). Well here are my choices:

20 sq. ft. of damplifier - $56

40 sq. ft. of damplifier - $100

13 sq. ft. of damplifier pro - $60 (door kit)

62.5 sq. ft. of RAAMAT BXT - $118

Okay so why is raamat so expensive first of all, I always thought it was the cheaper one.

How much sq. ft. of regular damplifier is needed for 2 doors? Obviously 13 sq. ft. of pro is enough.

I am very tempted to go with the damp pro door kit so far, lets hear your opinions!

do concrete.
best and cheapest and heaviest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guaranteed to piss off the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also the smelliest and heaviest.

Damplifier and Damplifier Pro are unmatched in quality. Raammat is expensive because you get a lot of it per roll. I have both Raammat and D-pro in my truck. I would use either one again.

My sax 125.2 and ID CTX65cs comps will be here soon, and I need to order some deadener. I have read that 60 sq. ft. of raamat btx will be fine for 2 doors. (I may or may not do the trunk, depends on how difficult it is). Well here are my choices:
20 sq. ft. of damplifier - $56

40 sq. ft. of damplifier - $100

13 sq. ft. of damplifier pro - $60 (door kit)

62.5 sq. ft. of RAAMAT BXT - $118

Okay so why is raamat so expensive first of all, I always thought it was the cheaper one.

How much sq. ft. of regular damplifier is needed for 2 doors? Obviously 13 sq. ft. of pro is enough.

I am very tempted to go with the damp pro door kit so far, lets hear your opinions!
Well first off, Rammat is cheaper, use your ****ing head man, its less than $2 a foot:rolleyes:

I got two rolls of raamat 60 bxt on craigslist this summer for $70 bucks, guy threw in a bunch of modeling clay too. Awesome steal, not sure exactly how many feet it was, probably 60-80ft, enough to do some good sized saab doors 3 layers*2doors and do my entire (large) hatchback ova trunk. And I still have enough to probably add another entire layer over the whole hatch/walls of hatch

and its not difficult at all, just a pain in the ass. Make sure you have plenty of acetone on hand

Well first off, Rammat is cheaper, use your ****ing head man, its less than $2 a foot:rolleyes:
I got two rolls of raamat 60 bxt on craigslist this summer for $70 bucks, guy threw in a bunch of modeling clay too. Awesome steal, not sure exactly how many feet it was, probably 60-80ft, enough to do some good sized saab doors 3 layers*2doors and do my entire (large) hatchback ova trunk. And I still have enough to probably add another entire layer over the whole hatch/walls of hatch

and its not difficult at all, just a pain in the ass. Make sure you have plenty of acetone on hand
lol yeah i wasn't thinking.

1 roll should be fine for just my doors. Will there be a huge difference between 13 sq. ft. of damp pro and 62 sq. ft. of raamat? Like double the price worth? Also is any of this stuff reusable if I get a different car in like a year or so?

and what's the acetone for? and where would I get some?

lol yeah i wasn't thinking.
1 roll should be fine for just my doors. Will there be a huge difference between 13 sq. ft. of damp pro and 62 sq. ft. of raamat? Like double the price worth? Also is any of this stuff reusable if I get a different car in like a year or so?

and what's the acetone for? and where would I get some?
13sqft of damp pro wont cover your doors, ideally I would say get two layers on the outer and inner skin of each door. or at least 2 outer 1 inner, thats at least 6 layers.

Its all up to you, but in my opinion you want a good 3 layers on there, also a little leftover wouldnt hurt, if you come to find dampening the walls of your trunk to be beneficial down the line (which i did).

Reusable... I guess so, but trust me once you get it in there you arent going to want to want to rip it out, that "stuff" is messy and a pain in the ass. Not hard to do, just a pain in the ass

You can get acetone at walmart, 5.92 for a can (liter or liter and a half if i had to guess), which would be plenty. Acetone removes grease and dirt and whatnot from your car, you want to wipe the surfaces you plan on dampening w/ acetone before applying the product. Also, the stuff is going to get all over your hands and then some, acetone will take it off of your hands.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.