Which box for HDC3 12?

stay away from anything pre-fab. will most likely fall apart pretty quickly... build your own of find somebody that knows what there doing to build you one.

Bass

Those boxes might work for a Jensen or Volfenhag sub but the HDC3 is a nice sub and it deserves a high quality box--go with a custom built to AQ's specs with nice big port area and stay away from those crappy prefabs.

have someone on this site build one for you and ship it to you. twisted built mine for my hdc312 and it sounds and looks great. i would suggest 2.5-3 cubes tuned to 38-40 hz

Ok, well I feel like taking over Viperlover's post, cause there is no reason to make another thread on the same topic.

So I drew up a quick sketch, I'm looking at just under 2.5cubes. It'll be an AQ HDC3 12" going into it. And since I've had a lot of luck with sub firing sideways, port facing back in my Grand Prix I think it will work good.

My question is, is my port too skinny? Considering it's 13"x2", thats only 26sq inches of port area, will that cause port noise or any other problems? According to the Carstereo.com calculator its going to end up being around 28hz. Any help is greatly appreciated.

112boxhdc3copywu0.jpg

An "L" shape is a slot port meaning that the atleast one side or more of the box is being used as a port wall. The design I have is a slot port but due to the overall lenght to acheve the desired tuning of 30Hz the port has to be wraped in order to fit. The port on the box is almost 40"s long to tune the box to 30Hz. The port on that design is done properly with rounding all port edges and placeing 45's in every cornen to maintan the exact width all the way down the port. I can work with you on the design if you want. Just PM me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.