Which amplifier should I get?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Survah

CarAudio.com Newbie
so I’m new to all things car audio. My current Lexus es330 has 4 speakers and a sub that’s connected to a built in amp 4x50watts. 2 front tweeters are not bringing out audio(I think previous owner disconnected it). Max volume is 50 and it starts getting distorted around 43. I’m going to buy one pair of JBL speakers and leave the rear speakers and sub the same. How many channels would I need for the new amplifier?

so I’m new to all things car audio. My current Lexus es330 has 4 speakers and a sub that’s connected to a built in amp 4x50watts. 2 front tweeters are not bringing out audio(I think previous owner disconnected it). Max volume is 50 and it starts getting distorted around 43. I’m going to buy one pair of JBL speakers and leave the rear speakers and sub the same. How many channels would I need for the new amplifier?
If I were you I'd hook the tweeters up to the factory head unit, there's no reason not to have them on unless he removed the source of their power.

Kinda hard to understand what your system consists of, but you're saying you have a 4 channel amp that's powering subwoofers? So does that mean you've got 2 channels bridged to power the sub and then 2 split between both the front and the back? If that's the case get a mono amp to handle the sub and divy out the leads of the amp you have so each speaker has their own channel (with the tweeters utilizing the head unit's internal amplifier).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.