Durable Textured Coating Sprays

Participant count
  • Participant list

Doxquzme
Premium Member

Current build, 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5T
Boise, ID
I have a couple of small monitors that I want to finish in PA style, textured (think Duratex) material and I don't feel like rolling it on. Anyone have any suggestions on a spray can type that is comparable to Duratex? Any of these fit that bill?

Last edited:
Every bed liner spray I have ever dealt with has faded in a matter of months.

I would go to a hardware store and look for textured spray paint. I used some paint described as either gray pebble stone or sandstone on some end tables and a coffee table for a relative's first apartment. It came out way better than I expected. I thought then that it I was going to do a subwoofer box, that stuff would be on the list for a different finish .

I use iron armor from harbor freight. 1 gallon is 65$ I think. I use black oil base paint first, then the bedliner. This one has 1 coat black paint and 2 coats of bed liner and it’s been pretty durable in my suv. It covers quite a bit of flaws too. I didn’t do a superb sanding job and it still covered ok

024B023B-0CD9-4AB8-9111-D08682F8DED5.jpeg

I use iron armor from harbor freight. 1 gallon is 65$ I think. I use black oil base paint first, then the bedliner. This one has 1 coat black paint and 2 coats of bed liner and it’s been pretty durable in my suv. It covers quite a bit of flaws too. I didn’t do a superb sanding job and it still covered ok

View attachment 55671
Nice box. I have some Duratex on hand, it's just to cold or i would use it. It's only a couple of bookshelf speakers that I can spray in the garage real quick and move then into the house to dry, a lot of work to roll it from a 1 gallon canister that is inside and hasn't been opened yet. Just being wintertime lazy!

Nice box. I have some Duratex on hand, it's just to cold or i would use it. It's only a couple of bookshelf speakers that I can spray in the garage real quick and move then into the house to dry, a lot of work to roll it from a 1 gallon canister that is inside and hasn't been opened yet. Just being wintertime lazy!
I was wondering what the resistance to rolling it on was about. (y)

I did my Bluetooth stereo with some fleck paint. I think it’s called Stone Creations. It comes out nice. I’ve used it on sub boxes also. You’ll need a clear coat on top to make it a little durable,
D7FC95C7-BC66-49A3-84CC-2DFE5AE4BA0C.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Doxquzme

Premium Member
Current build, 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5T
Doxquzme
Boise, ID
Start date
Participants
Who Replied