Which amp to choose?

Participant count
  • Participant list

adamawayfrommpa
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I need everyones opinion on which amp brand and model I should get to power 2 Kenwood 600w subs (the blue ones)...rated power is 160w each and peak is 600w each...independance is 4 ohms....they are in a bandpass box....I was think of using a mono amp since they are in the same box but there are only a very mono amps out there to choose from...mono or not still tell me your opinion..

Thank you to everyone

Adam Chandler

Go for the Kenwood 729s amp 139 new buy it now on e-bay and puts out 600 watts max. Mono and 2 channel operation just a flic of a switch cool amp and stays with the same brand.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

agreed or just look for something that fits your sizes and affordable i had about 150$ and i just went with a 1000watt crunch for about 135 with shipping!

The Kenwood 729s is just not powerful enough....The speakers say 160 rated watts.........but I have one of them hooked up now and I'm pushing 275w (rms) on it easily...I'm I hurting it or should the 275w on one speaker be ok....If its ok then I want an amp that will give me about 250w @ 4ohm X 2 (12.0V) any suggestions....I don't really care if the 250w on each of them hurts them because I have a 3 year warrenty with Circuit City....I can bring them back no questions asked for the next three year and get new ones on the spot...Should I chance to 250w X 2?

Adam Chandler

Ok i got a buddy hes actully on this post he has 2 12 kicker comps and he is pushing his with the same amp and those speakers will walk all over yours LOL. But your subs are way overated i have a friend with the same subs he is pushing his with a RF 200.4 and its pushing them hard get the kendwood its 250x2@4 ohms.

Which kenwood do you want me to check out? What do you means that my subs are overrated....You mean they don't really peak at 600w....Do they tale a rated 160w? Maybe I'm wrong but I know for a fact that I'm putting 275 into only one of them now....I'm I making a mistake by putting so much into em? Well anyway thanks for you opinions....I'm new at this car audio stuff and I'm just trying to learn as much as I can...Do you know any web site with lots of information on car audio...So I can learn..lol

Adam Chandler

I was in visions buying subs one day, and i just about bought the same ones, but the guy said that they are way overrated on the rms and total power by a lot. i went with the 10" kicker comps, and he said they would rule over the kenwoods. i heard the kenwoods tho, and they put out some decent bass for the price i could have got them for, (44$ can, about 25$ us)

well good luck, and you dont really need a large amp, about 100 rms/ channel, and youll be rockin!!

Dan

Sorry Bassboy but I just cannot believe you.....I got a good deal on these subs but you say you could have gotten both of em for 25 dollors us....Get real man.....They are 120 each where I live....

I was lucky enough to get them one a but one get one free sale at circuit city....Were talk'n about 2....12 inch subs here not 10 inch...These are not the purples but they are the best in the tornado series that Kenwood makes....I know they **** compaired to many other subs but If you can get them for 25 dollors then D@mn I'm going to feel really stupid....

How much can you get the 12" purple kenwoods for?

Maybe we'll make a deal.....lol

Adam Chandler

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.