Which amp setup??

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumpin_blazer
5,000+ posts

Only the Strong Survive
Austin,TX
ok i just thought of something that i might want to do with my next system. i was planning on running 2 1000wrms MA audio class X amps daisy chained together to get a single 1 ohm mono block 2000wrms output to my 2 DD3515's. now my other thought that i just had was sell my 1 MA audio amp and try to get a 2000wrms a 1 ohm really good amp like a Hifonics Colossus something like that even though those cost a but load of money. this was just a thought of mine i think i still might stick with my other thought of 2 MA audio class X amps seeing as how i already have them and can get another one for around 300 or so. just wanted to know what you guys thought.

adam

yeah that's true i also just read that the hifonics is a class AB circuitry!! i didn't know that wouldn't that pull a ton of power from an alternator?? and beside's is MA audio really that bad of a company?? people keep like frowning on my choice of that amp.

adam

like i said 2000 watts is 2000 watts reguardless of the amp.... i say if you like it go for it ma might not be my choice but then again i dont and havent run them.. if it works why change it? to get a spl difference u would need more power. ab is at least 20% less effiecant

I just got 2 MA Audio amps but I didn't put it in my car cause I look for speakers. What do u think of MA Audio cause alot of poeple are putting then down? y?

it depends on what kind of amp your talking about, i've seen heard and tried there high class amps and i think those ****, all there speaker's in my opinion **** except for the new hardcore sub that is sapposed to come out, now there class X mono block amps i own 1 and am currently in the process of purchasing another one for the reason that the subs i am getting i wanna run 2000wrms to them.

adam

those amps are crap in my opinion. put it this way, my friend jeff has an MA audio sponsorship and their "top end" 4000 watt 2 channel HC amp he used and threw it out b/c it sounded like it gave out less power than his SY7011 1500watts rms amp.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.