Which 8 would you run?

its hard to make an 8 with that much power. their is virtually no xmax
x2. You can't really do bigger than a 2" inch voice coil and have any decent daily woofer due to the fact that the spiders won't be that wide, therefore they can't move/travel nearly as much.

I did alot of research bfore buying my 8's. Nothing was based on the company, but on the sub itself. Subs i looked at were....

TC Epic8 (preferred)

DD1508

Sundown SA-8

DC LVL2- 8

I charted all tsp's (some were hard to come by especially the dd) and looked at transfer, phase, impedance, and many other things. I decided to go with the sa-8's based on the way things charted and im glad i did. Here's a short video of them. Peaks about 28hz and in the vid it powered by an ab 200.1 so clamped im getting about 1800-2k for all 8.

The Dc LVL-8's would have came in 2nd, DD's third and tc's last. The TC's charted terrible in all enclosures for low end. Lowest i could get was 38hz with 26hz tuning.

the sa's would go as low as you wanted to tune but rolled off under 27hz.

The Dc LVL-8's would have came in 2nd, DD's third and tc's last. The TC's charted terrible in all enclosures for low end. Lowest i could get was 38hz with 26hz tuning.the sa's would go as low as you wanted to tune but rolled off under 27hz.
DC over DD?

Yes. But everything was based upon specs. Some may change dependent on the vehicle. And i was going for low. If i did spl the dd's would have taken the cake there. With sa's 2nd, dc 3rd, and tc last again.

The dc's were very comparable to the sa-8's.

Funny thing is i have always been a fan of tc and even specialized in their rebuilds for over 2 yrs but it seems the new stuff is nowhere near what the older USA based tc1000 was.

And i've never ran sundown subs either until now. Not to mention Sundowns customer service in getting information was unparalleled. by far first place. DC coming in 2nd, dd and tc last. they were both horrible when gaining info. tc was a little better then dd with kyle on the forum. DD refused to give me ts parameters for the 1508.

I like SA-8's, but my boner has gone down for them. Not dissing Sundown at all, but they seem to be more popular because they are from Sundown and not because of their performance (once again, not saying they don't perform well).

I have personally heard a few 1508 setups and really liked them.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Well, I mean, look at my sig.

kia2.jpg

I've ran both the SA8 and DD 1508...its pretty much a toss up in my opinion. I liked them both but think the SA8 will sound better. DD will possibly be louder. All install dependent though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.