which 2k amp is better?

very true. never had a problem hehe....

i hade 4 18 inch funky pups in my civic. turned the volume to 3 and blew the engine out of my car. I also got arrested for terrorism. all on the stesom....so your kinda smart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
TERRORISTS !!!!!!, anyways lol ya stetsom makes great amps that put out a lot of juice, and make great daily amps as long as they get the voltage they need and you dont try and run below 1 ohm ( or 2 if its a 2 ohm)

He's basically on the Sundown payroll, so that's why it's turned into an infomercial.
I used to run 4 SD 1500D's, but switched to AQ3500's. Seemed like a lot of amp for the $$$ and CS is excellent with DJ.

Still run a 1500D in the GF's car and a SD100.2 in my car.

For a daily application the possible differences in power won't make a diff between the 1200's. SD has dropped their prices recently and I'm guessing AQ amps hitting the market had something to do with that.

SD makes a solid amp and so does AQ, just that the AQ's are at a better price point.

I still have to question the durability of the SD1200 if you have so many refurbs for sale...
I am pretty sure you are wrong on the differences in power in a daily app between the AQ1200 and the SAE-1200. I can tell you for sure 100% the SAE-1200D puts out way more power than that AQ1200 board. The build quality of the AQ1200 is better than the SAE-1200D, IMO, but definately not near the power.

And yes. AQ3500 = SAZ-3000D but with spring clips (reliability issues, no ********, I see this crap everyday) and for the price it's a bargain, but too bad it has the spring clips.

I see you have a high post count here, so you been around this stuff. I see you ran some Sundown products and still have some, matter of fact I think I remember talking to you about some of your setup at some point. I can assure you I am not on the Sundown payroll, like you suggest. I actually buy the amps from Sundown and then they are mine, I am on my own. I wouldn't bother with them if they were junk, they are not. The reason we have so many 1200's is because they have been piling up for about a year now. They were not a hot seller in refurbished, most people preffered to buy new, so they sat there. I would say we have only had 25 out of 200+ SAE-1200D's come back, and most of it was user error. Some of them were clearly abused, scratched and dented to hell sliding around in the trunk. Though the original SAE-1200D model was built like ish in my opinion, it is extremely powerful, and much more powerful than that AQ1200D board, the new SAE-1200D v2 (I have seen the board already) is much much better and along the quality lines with the other amps Sundown offers. Though it's still a China amp, the design is the same with improvements, many more caps was a big deal, needing a double sided board was a big deal, and an improved layout was in order, and all of those have been done with the v2. I expect even less of them to come back except for abuse, improper use will kill any amp, if you don't believe that I can invite you to my shop and blow any amp up in less than a minute to show you that. But I know its not necessary, you already know all this.

And BTW: Sundown RAISED their prices back in January. The reason for the recent reduction was a sale celebrating 3 years, it is now over and prices are back to normal, much higher IMO than in 2008. I agree that the prices could be lower and this would help the amps sell more, but when costs go up, what do you do? Sundown is not going to cheapen their amps as a compromise, so they raised the prices and continued to improve on the current products and develop new ones. I don't see how anyone could possibly EVER have anything bad to say about Sundown's products or Customer service... just not happening. Jacob is admittedly a pushover on the warranty even when he knows the amp might have been abused, but that's because he really values his customers and wants to stay in business. Economy is tough right now, and keeping a business going is pretty tough with overhead costs rising all the time. Only good thing about it is that it's easy to find people to work, because with unemployment at nearly 10% nationwide, that means 1 out of every 10 people basically does not have a job right now.

I am pretty sure you are wrong on the differences in power in a daily app between the AQ1200 and the SAE-1200. I can tell you for sure 100% the SAE-1200D puts out way more power than that AQ1200 board. The build quality of the AQ1200 is better than the SAE-1200D, IMO, but definately not near the power.
And yes. AQ3500 = SAZ-3000D but with spring clips (reliability issues, no ********, I see this crap everyday) and for the price it's a bargain, but too bad it has the spring clips.

I see you have a high post count here, so you been around this stuff. I see you ran some Sundown products and still have some, matter of fact I think I remember talking to you about some of your setup at some point. I can assure you I am not on the Sundown payroll, like you suggest. I actually buy the amps from Sundown and then they are mine, I am on my own. I wouldn't bother with them if they were junk, they are not. The reason we have so many 1200's is because they have been piling up for about a year now. They were not a hot seller in refurbished, most people preffered to buy new, so they sat there. I would say we have only had 25 out of 200+ SAE-1200D's come back, and most of it was user error. Some of them were clearly abused, scratched and dented to hell sliding around in the trunk. Though the original SAE-1200D model was built like ish in my opinion, it is extremely powerful, and much more powerful than that AQ1200D board, the new SAE-1200D v2 (I have seen the board already) is much much better and along the quality lines with the other amps Sundown offers. Though it's still a China amp, the design is the same with improvements, many more caps was a big deal, needing a double sided board was a big deal, and an improved layout was in order, and all of those have been done with the v2. I expect even less of them to come back except for abuse, improper use will kill any amp, if you don't believe that I can invite you to my shop and blow any amp up in less than a minute to show you that. But I know its not necessary, you already know all this.
i'm so glad you feel the same way i do if you have a alot of refurbished products on the market that means alot of your stuff is unstable i steer clear of those products

i'm so glad you feel the same way i do if you have a alot of refurbished products on the market that means alot of your stuff is unstable i steer clear of those products
did you read the post? most where to user error, and its a power house. stupid people break stuff nuff said lol

I know it's like he didn't read the post or I am missing something here....

I say 25 out of 200+ but it may be more like 500+ units, Jacob would know but I don't know if he will post it or not. I am guessing at least 2 shipments of 100 each, but it may have been more like 3 shipments of 200 each.... I only know of about 25 that have failed, that's it, and not all of it was the amps fault.... In a proper installation they are hard to break, maybe mount it to a badly flexing sub box might kill it the quickest, quicker than ANYthing else you could do to it.

I know it's like he didn't read the post or I am missing something here....
I say 25 out of 200+ but it may be more like 500+ units, Jacob would know but I don't know if he will post it or not. I am guessing at least 2 shipments of 100 each, but it may have been more like 3 shipments of 200 each.... I only know of about 25 that have failed, that's it, and not all of it was the amps fault.... In a proper installation they are hard to break, maybe mount it to a badly flexing sub box might kill it the quickest, quicker than ANYthing else you could do to it.
on top of that i dont know if he knows that you sell refurb sundown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif lol. i have seen a kid kill a perfect alpine v12 1000w amp just installing, he had the ground hooked up and dropped the + line on the back of the amp and poof, car was on and fuse was still in power wire so ya...

And BTW: Sundown RAISED their prices back in January. The reason for the recent reduction was a sale celebrating 3 years, it is now over and prices are back to normal, much higher IMO than in 2008. I agree that the prices could be lower and this would help the amps sell more, but when costs go up, what do you do? Sundown is not going to cheapen their amps as a compromise, so they raised the prices and continued to improve on the current products and develop new ones. I don't see how anyone could possibly EVER have anything bad to say about Sundown's products or Customer service... just not happening. Jacob is admittedly a pushover on the warranty even when he knows the amp might have been abused, but that's because he really values his customers and wants to stay in business. Economy is tough right now, and keeping a business going is pretty tough with overhead costs rising all the time. Only good thing about it is that it's easy to find people to work, because with unemployment at nearly 10% nationwide, that means 1 out of every 10 people basically does not have a job right now.

No response? ............................Crickets.....................

Either he quoted the wrong post, or this was one those posts that people do at the end of long threads in an attempt to close the thread with a negative statement, hoping that people won't read the entire thread.

I see that alot on here..... like a bunch of kids here, which I know there probably are alot of youngin's here, but still, this is just ridiculous. An argument can be a discussion, not just an argument. Not like a "True or False" question test.

all three are CHINESE inside. They are all of similar build quality and power output. If ur unwilling to step into the realm of real big power like stetsome or soundigital, you should just pick based on aesthetics and be done.

bmoney

No response? ............................Crickets.....................

we get the point. sundown is stronger. and no one said Jacob cs or products are bad.

all three are CHINESE inside. They are all of similar build quality and power output. If ur unwilling to step into the realm of real big power like stetsome or soundigital, you should just pick based on aesthetics and be done.
bmoney
DO YOU REALLY THINk THEY ARE USA MADE? THEN YOU ARE AN IDIOT, YES EVEN STETSOM HAS GONE TO CHINA RETARD, THE DIFFERNCE IS THE BUILD HOUSE YOU DOUCHE BAG they have very strict standards and have in house inspections daily just like any real good manufaturer does.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.