which 2k amp is better?

For those of you who have purchased these SAE-1200D Clearance items... and for those who otherwise own a SAE-1200D:

I have seen in quite a few of these SAE-1200D's problems with the input board that could only be related to letting the Battery+ wire touch the RCA Shield somewhere between the radio and the amp. You guys really need to be more careful installing these things, and other components in your setup (like other amps and crossovers etc) because if ANYWHERE in the RCA's, doesn't matter what piece of equipment it goes to, if you let the B+ wire touch the RCA Sheild anywhere in any of the RCA lines it's gonna screw up the input boards in your amps and crossovers. And do not ground your RCA Sheild to the cars GND. Should not be that way. It is supposed to be a 0 volt reference for the pre-amp circuits, not a ground. Inside the head unit it is supposed to be isolated from the cars GND and should remain that way throughout the install. If you have had to ground your RCA's to the cars GND to stop a problem, then somewhere in your setup a peice of your equipment is screwed up or you have some bad RCA cables in the setup somewhere.

LOL you guys just love asking me to say things that get these companies lawyers contacting me....

I am not familiar with the newest HiFonics amps (the 010 series). They may be totally kick ass. The 08's were much better than most of the previous years so the 010's could be fantastic, I do not know, haven't seen them yet, as they are all still in warranty I am sure, if they are in warranty they go to CIA Engineering, not here. Maxxsonics is not one of my regular customers.

the 08 series 2608 will do roughly 2500 rms at 14 volts the new model will do nearly 2700 on the same voltage. and of course i try to sell maxxsonics, duh? i am a dealer lolz. but i never try to sell anything junk either, i sell a shitload of Kicker at my shop because a customer insists on it, but you will never see their overpriced junk in my own cars. the new 3000 gp amps do not have the springclips btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif they also ramped up the PS and pcb to all mil spec as well as changing the way the fets are mounted, 45 degre i think now instead of the previous spring mont 90 that are famous for breaking due to severe vibrations. honestly the only time i have ever had any maxxsonics amp come back was due to vibration failure or abuse, and all the non abused amp returns have always been box mounted. if they are terrible i must be lucky lolz. personally for the money i will take a new 2010d brutus over the outdated aq2200 all day. it is a very clean amp but i want power, i could care less about sq, ( but i think the brutus SQ is just fine)there are handfuls of amps that are better of course but not for the money they cost compared to the workhorse brutus or gp3000 lines..
baffles me, id have kicker in my car way before a brutus. in fact last time i was interested in hifonics was back when the Vlll series was new back in the 90s.

their stuff of today makes me shake my head.

the 08 series 2608 will do roughly 2500 rms at 14 volts the new model will do nearly 2700 on the same voltage. and of course i try to sell maxxsonics, duh? i am a dealer lolz. but i never try to sell anything junk either, i sell a shitload of Kicker at my shop because a customer insists on it, but you will never see their overpriced junk in my own cars. the new 3000 gp amps do not have the springclips btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif they also ramped up the PS and pcb to all mil spec as well as changing the way the fets are mounted, 45 degre i think now instead of the previous spring mont 90 that are famous for breaking due to severe vibrations. honestly the only time i have ever had any maxxsonics amp come back was due to vibration failure or abuse, and all the non abused amp returns have always been box mounted. if they are terrible i must be lucky lolz. personally for the money i will take a new 2010d brutus over the outdated aq2200 all day. it is a very clean amp but i want power, i could care less about sq, ( but i think the brutus SQ is just fine)there are handfuls of amps that are better of course but not for the money they cost compared to the workhorse brutus or gp3000 lines..
i know you are a dealer. just pushing products you sell.

well from what i read they use the same board, but don't quote me on that. and i misread the amp model i thought he was getting the 1200 which i know on high voltage will push as much as 1800 but thats a stretch at best. he is getting the 2200 which will definately do 2kw on low 13's
so you never own a AQ amp? going by what you read?

Here are some pics DB-R:http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=4373&highlight=internals
That's a good board. I am sure it wil do the numbers that guy posted.

They still make that amp? I noticed the dates on that post was pretty old...

Well no that amp went out of production this year but they are coming out with a new version better for real world voltage IE 11.9volts it will do almost all of its power.As you can tell by my sig I have 4 M3's and love them. Most stable amp I have ever owned. I clamped 3105 a amp @ .85 ohm(after rise was wired to .25ohm) and 10.5 volts in my truck on a burp @ 46hz.Very under rated amp.

The design in this amp is proven design. A lot of amps use it, with different part counts, but SAME design, same drive circuits etc. Probably the same output drive board even...

SAZ-1500D, SAZ-2000D, AQ2200D, IA 20.1/XX-Hercules (different drive board, same design), and that's just a few. Your amp has a larger power supply than all of those, but the output section is the same parts and same or similar drive board. Your amp has 24 outputs. SAZ-1500D = 16 SAZ-2000D = 20, AQ2200D = 20, IA20.1 and XX-Herc = 24. You have 16 power supply mosfets, all of the amps listed above have 12 or less. Helps you out with the low impedance power.

Seems like an excess of power for only 10.5V, but with 7 Kinetik 2400's I can see it being possible.

Yes I was shocked at the power @ 10.5v also....These numbers were after 5 sec of a burp no the first peak numbers also. Yeah it seems the M3 likes the low impedences to really shine. From what I have been told its a 4500 power supply with a 2400 watt output section. They overbuilt it like this for reliability.Thanks for the information DB-R.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.