which 2-12s for 3-5k rms daily use

chefzane

Senior VIP Member
I am wanting two 12" approx 15-2500 RMS each sub's that can be played daily at normal levels and be cranked for comps and demos, kinda want to stay with 12s so I can stay in the lower classes, I can fit 15s easily also and want the same specs but they would have to be able to fit 8 cubes approx

I was looking at two DC level 4 but I see too much bad stuff about the soft parts, and I can get two used xl's for the same price as 2 new level 4s which would leave me able to buy 1 strappable amp at first (like a 2.5k) and add the second when more money comes in for like 5k and the xl's will be happy

Also considering something in a 4" coil, but got no idea where to start looking, I have read all over these threads for months and know what most of the contenders are just want you guys thoughts so here's my info

2000 mercury mystique/same as ford contour 1/0 big 3 and 2pos/2 neg runs 1/0 front to back 240+ amp alt being bought 500 ah reserve in batts in car already Box being rebuilt back into car, 8 cubes approx max Car peaks at 42 hz 18"x 36" baffle face space available Car is mostly deadened except doors(currently doing them) and headliner(next) Amps are going to be bought to match the sub's, 3-5k RMS and 1 big boy or 2 smaller strapped Prefer sealed but probably gonna port as I have a huge cutout in my rear deck already, want to make a plate for the port to seal for sq runs and take it off for SPL runs, dreaming I think lol

Want to spend 600 approx on sub's, new or used, no mutts, has to be rebuildable, no sundown re skar or oddball designs that only fit their own parts as I want to be able to buy parts easily

If you figure out how I can fit two 18s on that size baffle face the let me know the wow factor alone would be sweet

AQ HDC4's, sundown zv4, sundown x series, lol if you wanna build some stuff i got some hdc3's with issues i'd off pretty cheap, spl will rebuild for 215

If you go with the lvl 4 subs. Xl up dreaded at surrounds and stealth coils like my 10s you'll be happy Soft parts aren't the issue. User error is have has mine for 6 months already with no problems on a vfl 150.1 @ .7 daily They are nasty little subs

Awesome responses guys, sorry just looked at the OP it didn't post how I wrote it it actually was all separate lines and **** sorry, don't want sundown though so that's a nogo, I would like some more info though so keep it coming

AQ HDC4's, sundown zv4, sundown x series, lol if you wanna build some stuff i got some hdc3's with issues i'd off pretty cheap, spl will rebuild for 215
Can you pm me price and issues etc, I like the hdc's how much do the hdc4 12s come used

If you go with the lvl 4 subs. Xl up dreaded at surrounds and stealth coils like my 10s you'll be happy Soft parts aren't the issue. User error is have has mine for 6 months already with no problems on a vfl 150.1 @ .7 daily They are nasty little subs
The level 4s would be brand new off of here, the xl's would be used off here, don't want to have to send them off soon as I get them though, I would wait to upgrade them till they blew

And trust me if I buy new ones I'm coming to talk to u first

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.