Which 15" ~ 2000-2500wrms sub....

hittin1
10+ year member

My life is turned upside down.
Would really shine in a smaller ported box?

Please assume I have the proper electrical upgrades..

Car- 1985 BMW 735i

Budget 200-250ish

Sql, Listen to rap, rock

amp- bxi2610- save your breath, I got it free

I have 2 15" Rd Audio Sonances that need recones.. Should I just send them to PSI and use them? I know they do well in smaller enclosures.. Really wanting a single 15 that will handle more than the 700wrms. Thanks in advance

Would really shine in a smaller ported box?
Please assume I have the proper electrical upgrades..

Car- 1985 BMW 735i

Budget 200-250ish

Sql, Listen to rap, rock

amp- bxi2610- save your breath, I got it free

I have 2 15" Rd Audio Sonances that need recones.. Should I just send them to PSI and use them? I know they do well in smaller enclosures.. Really wanting a single 15 that will handle more than the 700wrms. Thanks in advance
need more info on the enclosure its going in, unless you're getting it built

Most sub's that will handle 2-2.5k won't be in your budget even used. Although someone is selling a kove Armageddon for cheap. Should handle the power and I believe its a 15.

Most sub's that will handle 2-2.5k won't be in your budget even used. Although someone is selling a kove Armageddon for cheap. Should handle the power and I believe its a 15.

Only 3" 4 layer coil in that Kove. I wouldn't bank on anything you can fit in that gap really hanging with over 1500W continuous.

Agreed that 2500W continuous handling sub is going to be difficult to find unless you build yourself or buy local. Older Fi BTL or Sundown (older nightshade) could possibly be had used and might hold up. Any good 3" 8 layer coil sub should handle 2K-2500KW fairly well.

Thanks for the input guys. I know I said 15", but what do yall yhink about the 21" IA death penalty. I can squeeze about 7.5 in the trunk after sub and port displacement. Found one locally (kinda 75 miles away) for $275.

Thanks for the input guys. I know I said 15", but what do yall yhink about the 21" IA death penalty. I can squeeze about 7.5 in the trunk after sub and port displacement. Found one locally (kinda 75 miles away) for $275.
Might as well get it if its that cheap and in good condition... Gotta use sonotube/aeroport and build the box in the trunk. Fk the spare tires and get a bit more cubic feet out of it. You'll want at least 8 net. Just saying its not gonna be as loud as a pair of 15s in a trunk wall configuration or even a single 18 with good box loading and orientation(box is not blocking the port etc..) Or even a pair of 12s in a 4th order... but it should still get you decently loud still and the sub has resale value as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.