Wheres the best place to put tweeters?

some say close to mid others say a pillars but then u have to worry bout changing the phase of them if they are in the a pillars why idk never been really smart bout that

A/C vents! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyone know the theory behind putting them close to them mids?
Because I've heard that a couple time before.
Time alignment.
That would make sense. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks.
There are other factors to consider as well... Things like comb filtering, etc.

What you don't want is to be able to tell that they're separated from the mids. You want the smoothest transition from midrange to tweeter possible(obviously). This is sometimes easily attained when separating them, sometimes not... experimentation is the key.

so you dont always have to reverse the phase of the tweets if they are in the a pillars and the mid is in the doors
Not always. Phase is variable depending upon the distance between the two drivers.

Example... If your mids and tweeters are 2" apart and they play great wired normally and you move them, lets say 3" farther apart, you will probably have to reverse them, but if you move them another 3" farther, you will probably have to reverse them again... and so on, and so on.

Disclaimer... These numbers are nowhere near exact, so don't quote me on this. I'm merely pointing out that it is possible to have everything wired normally, or have to reverse the polarity of a set of drivers depending on the overall distance between the two sets.

Again, experimentation is the key, as everything is variable, including personal preference.

As a personal preference, I don't like having tweets in the kicks AT ALL!

My cars primary function is that of driving with audio coming in a close 2nd. The problem that I seem to find is that the sound stage is easily altered by your own legs and a passengers legs simply getting in the way of the tweeter's sound. I prefer a tweeter in the sail panel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.