Wheres a good place to go for wireing?

cwzilly
10+ year member

Hates distortion
-sup; I'm upgrading my audio system in my car and just want your opinion on a place to go for car audio wireing. What i'm looking for are power, ground, and turn-on-lead wireing. Also looking for gold plated connectors (none of that cheap plastic stuff that i could find at the auto parts store or home remodeling centers).

I have a 96amp alternatore, and will mount my 300 watt RMS amplifier in the trunk that will power a sub. Thats the only amp i will have in my car since my front speackers are 3.5" kappas and my high power reciever will power them just fine. My point is that i believe 4 gauge power/ground wires are the way to go, but would 8 gauge do just fine?

http://www.knuconceptz.com/

or

http://www.partsexpress.com/

Both have good per-foot pricing. Knuconceptz has interesting colors and translucent insulation, etc.

Parts Express has your basic black and red solid-color insulated wire in almost any gauge imaginable from 18 gauge to 1/0 gauge.

I have some Knuconceptz stuff for my installation, but I got my wire from Parts Express simply because I wanted the basic red/black insulation.

8 would be plenty, but if you ever decided to upgrade you wouldn't have much room. I 2nd the wal-mart suggestion. Perfectly good kits as cheap as the on-line stores.

Hey Scosche EFX Wiring kits from wal-mart rule. I dont think you can beat them for the price, especially the 4 guage kit. 26 bux for 2-17ft rca cables, 1-17 ft 18 ga. remote wire, 17 ft of 4 guage red translucent inslulation power wire, 6 ft of 8 guage red power wire, 6 ft of 8 gauge ground wire, 1 distrobution block 1 4 ga in, 2 8 ga. out, 1 maxi-fuse fuseholder with clear 80 amp maxi-fuse. All connections gold plated except rca's. All necessary screws and stuff. Oh yea forgot the 8 ft of black wire loom with zipties.

Hey Scosche EFX Wiring kits from wal-mart rule. I dont think you can beat them for the price, especially the 4 guage kit. 26 bux for 2-17ft rca cables, 1-17 ft 18 ga. remote wire, 17 ft of 4 guage red translucent inslulation power wire, 6 ft of 8 guage red power wire, 6 ft of 8 gauge ground wire, 1 distrobution block 1 4 ga in, 2 8 ga. out, 1 maxi-fuse fuseholder with clear 80 amp maxi-fuse. All connections gold plated except rca's. All necessary screws and stuff. Oh yea forgot the 8 ft of black wire loom with zipties.
there's my obvious answer! that's where i got my first wiring kit...till i need 1/0 then i got welding cable for $.99 a foot. Schosche EFX at walmart is the way to go. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.