where would i put dynamat?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
just like LuRp said in his thread, where would i put dynamat in an SUV?...if i wanted to reduce vibrations and rattling from a 2000 toyota 4runner, where would i apply dynamat?...could i put it under the plastic side panels or something?...also, will dynamat make it so that the sound from inside my vehicle wont be heard outside?....because i want to be heard coming down the road, but its just that i dont want my car rattling like its a piece of ****!

thanks in advance;)

Yes put it under all the panels and an extra layer on the doors and rear hatch area..It will help with the vibrations but will do more for you by minimizing road noise or anything else outside your vehicle.. Unfortunately (sp?) your speakers will still be heard outside the truck because the speaker is mounted on the door and the mat is under the door covering but not inside..There is some spray on stuff that could help with that though just not a whole lot so I see it as a waste of money..IMO

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.