Where to put amp rack for competing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

btnhfan
5,000+ posts

Hail to the King Baby!!!!
I am going to have 2 dd m1's, and maybe later on a z1, and my comp amp that is below.

I am competing in MECA S1 hopefully, but doubtful, more like S3 but hopefully S2.

Also in SLAP SS1.

I wanted to take out the seat cushion in the back, the part you sit on, and place the amps under there in a sort of rack and then put padding and re-upholster a new seat on top, with losing less than 2 inches of height.

Or re-build the side panels in the back and place the amps on both sides.

Does anyone else have any ideas? And also, what size fuse do you think I could get away with for the m1's for burps? Thanks.

You wont be in stock class if you do that..

If your serious, your equipment will be in and out all the time, Id spend the time you were gonna make your install look nice with testing..

Thats what I thought...

Do you have any ideas on where I could put them? It will be in a civic trunk, and thats on the small side.

Also what do you think about my fuse situacion?

As far as amps, Id put em anywhere they dont obstruct airflow and where they fit..on the box.

As far as the M1's, were supposed to be getting ahold of a few modded versions to test, but we dont use fuses..

HmmmmIs there a formula for how fast a certain size fuse blows with a certain amount of amperage in it?
just get varying sizes of fuses... see where you can do your strongest number on the lowest fuse.

should run on an 80-100 amp fuse without too much problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.