Where to mount tweets in a truck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrmagoo_83
10+ year member

I am installing a 6.5" component set in my truck. Now do I need to install the tweets in the doors with the mids, or somewhere else like that liitle triangle next to the dash in the door? The tweets can be mounted three different ways (surface, flush or wedge). But I didn't know what would sound better. So any suggestions or ideas would help.

i believe that i answered your question in a diff post but here goes again...check out qlogic and see if they have a custom kick panel box for your particlar truck....if not for best imaging its recomended not to have the tweeters more than 6" away from the speaker they go w/...if imaging is not that important to you then you should try to put them where ever they look nice or sound good....as for what surface, flush or wedge mount mean im not sure about the wedge...but surface is jus to mount the tweeter to the surface of your car probably the easiest way.....flush requires that you drill a hole that will fit the tweeter and mount the tweeter flush w/ the surrounding material...my guess on wedge would be flush mounted but wedged in at a diff angle....but im not sure bout the last one....hope ive been of some help...good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.