95 Cavalier System

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 95 Cavalier with a Kenwood Excelon Hideaway Headunit. (2) 5 1/2 Rockford fosgate's in my front doors (about to replace with Kenwood's) and (2) 6*9's Kenwood's along the back window. I have a 500 watt Kenwood Excelon amp pushing my highs and a 600 watt kenwood Excelon amp pushing my Rockford Fosgate 10's in the trunk in a sealed box.

I would like to know how to "cap" all my high speakers. Another words take all the bass out of my high's. (my 5 1/2's and 6*9's). I know I should turn the bass all the way down or off on my 500 watt amp which I have but there is still something hittin up there. Can I get some help from anyone that knows about this??? Thanks

What do yo meen by " Cap " all your high speakers

Your exelon amp should have a high pass crossover, whats the deal........

Cap...meaning I wanna take all the bass out of my 5 1/2's and 6x9's........I want them all pushing highs....no bass.

Like I said your exelon amp has high pass crossover turn that on at the desired level...... Your head unit may also have built in crossover if it is the upper end exelon.

And if this is not enough get an external crossover......

really though....why would you want speakers that are designed mainly for mid bass and a little bass to push your high frequencies....if thats the case try getting some tweeters and a crossover......cause its kinda pointless to use a 6x9 to push high frequencies only....they are designed to produce more...anyways...good luck....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.