Where to mount passive crossovers?

Where is a good place to mount my passive crossovers? They are not really big ( JBL MS6C ) but I don't want to mount them in the doors. The owner's manual says not to and I don't want to risk it besides I'm not sure they will fit anyway. I'm thinking putting them under the seats. Left xo under driver side seat and right xo under passenger seat. Is that a good location? I also need easy access to them because they have 3 selectable tweeter attenuation setting levels which I may need to get to at anytime.

Hm.

Well, you shouldn't need need with attenuation ever after you get your system tuned...

Anywhere is fine bro. I have mine mounted in the trunk. Under the seats , might have a hard time hiding wire.

Some do the glove box.

You'll have to be creative, whatever works best for your ride specific.

I've mounted them in the trunk, under the dash, and in the doors. never had an issue with them in any location. some have had issues with them in the door from water though so put them inside the car where ever is most convenient for you.

I've seen some clean looking installs that mount them on the interior doorpanel showing. That is a nice looking crossover and if you have a spare spot on the door just put it there and drill holes for your wires in and out.

I've seen some clean looking installs that mount them on the interior doorpanel showing. That is a nice looking crossover and if you have a spare spot on the door just put it there and drill holes for your wires in and out.
Ive done a semi flush mount on the doors showing that i thought looked great, a lot of people thought that was pretty cool. you'll also be fine with them under the seat if you choose

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.