Where to mount a 508D proximity sensor?

Naylor606
10+ year member

Kentucky
Lately i've been seeing this kid at my work on the security camera walking up to my truck and looking in the windows. (like face pressing against the glass). He's a known thief so i know he's probably looking to steal my amps. I have a Viper 5704 alarm installed but you have to literally pound on the windows before it even chirps. So i took all the amps out and ordered the 508D Proximity sensor but cant figure out where to mount it. I read some people mount them on the headliner, and then some under the center console. Where would be the best spot to mount it at on my S10?

i just installed a viper and i put the glass brake sensor on. works great. if you tap any window it will chirp hit it again and it goes off. and its adjustable same as the shock sensor.

i also installed another siren under the back of my s10 blazer.

Lately i've been seeing this kid at my work on the security camera walking up to my truck and looking in the windows. (like face pressing against the glass). He's a known thief so i know he's probably looking to steal my amps. I have a Viper 5704 alarm installed but you have to literally pound on the windows before it even chirps. So i took all the amps out and ordered the 508D Proximity sensor but cant figure out where to mount it. I read some people mount them on the headliner, and then some under the center console. Where would be the best spot to mount it at on my S10?
go here, http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-video-security-electronics/605508-multi-layered-physical-security.html

If he can't get the doors open there is no way he can steal your amps, what's he going to do lean through the window and wind up with somebodys boot up his ***

proximity sensors work great if you know how to set and dont mind a few false alarms. center of the tranny hump near the front by the dash areaunder the carpet or just under the carpet and hidden by the seat. should be able to walk by at a good/normal pace. it should go off when you stop or slowly walk by.

@Naylor606, the best position for placing would be on the side skirts but a proximity sensor (just one) is never reliable. You should place your shock sensor in a better location actually. Try placing it under the dashboard or some hard surface that is directly connected to the chassis. This way the vibrations that reach your shock sensor will be greater and the risk of you not being alarmed will be minimal.

Don't the shock sensors on the Viper's have adjustable sensitivity? If you literally have to bang on the windows for it to go off, consider turning the sensitivity up a bit. Also i'd check out the glass break sensor. All it takes is a 'tap' on the window and it sets off / chirps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.