where to get rainbow speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just FYI speedsounds stuff is about 3+ years old.
Question for you Don. If some of the parts in amps sit for a while without bing used they tend to "go bad," right. Would the same be true with the finer elements used in say the fabric on the tweets....or possibly with the passives in a comp set??

Question for you Don. If some of the parts in amps sit for a while without bing used they tend to "go bad," right. Would the same be true with the finer elements used in say the fabric on the tweets....or possibly with the passives in a comp set??

I couldnt tell ya that, never had anything go bad from sitting. And I do have some pretty old stuff layin around..

I couldnt tell ya that, never had anything go bad from sitting. And I do have some pretty old stuff layin around..
Hmmm, ok. I've *heard* about amps that have sat for awhile going up in smoke for this very reason. Just curious if some of the materials in speakers vary in quality with age. Maybe at the Reference level? I'll do a book report on it and get back to ya boss! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I imagine any material could detoriate with age and lack of use. Although it would have to be for Very long periods of time.

Definately keep me/us posted on that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hmmm, ok. I've *heard* about amps that have sat for awhile going up in smoke for this very reason. Just curious if some of the materials in speakers vary in quality with age. Maybe at the Reference level? I'll do a book report on it and get back to ya boss! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
that doesn't make much sence for amps but I could imagine soft parts of a speaker getting brittle with age...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.