Where To Get Quality Dash Kits?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MikeATL
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just bought a new '08 Altima (w/o Bose) and am looking to potentially get a receiver. My question to you guys is where's a good place to get a quality dash installation kit?

I've looked at Crutchfield and a few other sites, but the kits don't appear to match the factory piece it's replacing (different texture/color).

I'm going to check the local shop and see what they recommend, but your advice/experience is appreciated. Not that the car is all that, but I'd at least like to retain as much of the factory look/feel as I can.

TIA,

Mike

It's going to be hard to find dash kits that match the texture and color. Your best bet is to buy a dash kit that fits well and has a texture that works well. Go and buy some SEM interio paint in the same color as your current dash and paint the dash kit with it. It may be a hassle, but it's worth it in the end.

Thanks - pretty much got the same response from the local shop as well. Kind of annoying...guess I've got a bit more homework to do to find a kit that's a close match as you suggested.

Any new (07+) Altima owners out there that have a recommendation for a specific kit and where to get it?

Most if not all install shops are going to use metra or scoche install kits. If those don't work for you, a custom one is the only way to go. More than likely the place you commission to do the work will use a metra or scoche kit as a base...

ive delt with scoche, metra, and best kits.. so far the quality and ease of use best kits has ben... well the best...

never had a fitting problem.. come in color's that factory match to a T! when needed....

best kits hands down..

Thanks guys, REALLY appreciate the feedback - I'll check out the schoche and metra kits and visit another shop to see if they have any examples on hand. The local shop showed me the metra today but the pic they had was terrible so couldn't get a good feel on what it really looked like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.