Where to get carpet? How much will I need, ect

darkhunter139
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
Alright well I am doing my second box build and I want it to be perfect. I got the wood cut by home depot I wasnt going to but the guy did a really good job all the cuts are right on the dot. Now I need ring terminals (what are the best kind to get?) and carpet. I have no clue how much to get? Any suggestions?

Also can anyone explain how to put the carpet on there?

im worried that wont be enough?
so order a couple yards. no matter how many yards you order itll come cut as one piece. wont come individual like you might be thinking.

so order a couple yards. no matter how many yards you order itll come cut as one piece. wont come individual like you might be thinking.
ahh ok i thought it would come as one piece

Do you three yards of the automotive kind will be enough for a 15 inch single ported box?

Demisnons roughly 26x27x15 high

I wanted to order 4 to be safe but I only have enough in paypal to order 3

Any one have more tips on how to carpet the box? Anything I should know? Also what kind of adhesive spray should I use?

3M super77 spray adhesive. Spray the box and the carpet, let it tack up for a minute or two and stick it on. I always line up the carpet with no glue and make some reference marks on the back of the carpet so it is easier to line it up once the glue is ready. Use a sharp knife for the cuts and try not to bleed on the carpet..

3M super77 spray adhesive. Spray the box and the carpet, let it tack up for a minute or two and stick it on. I always line up the carpet with no glue and make some reference marks on the back of the carpet so it is easier to line it up once the glue is ready.
What do you mean glue?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.