Is this worth it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

arizona
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well all of my expectations were completely crushed... I built a mock up of the box I wanted to do with some shitty wood I had laying around. It was just a frame so I could get an idea.

So anyways I can only get around 5.1 cubes before woofer and port displacement (this is using the internal dimensions)and actually be able to remove the box. The box is for 2 DD2515's which are a rec. 3.4 each before woofer displacement. So should I just say **** it and build the box in the trunk and not be able to remove it.

If I build the box in the trunk I will be able to get more then enough space....I just won't be able to ever have a trunk again. If the 5.1 box will sound like total **** I am more then willing to make that sacrifice... I just really want to be able to use my trunk for like camping and ****.

So what do you guys think. I am willing to do either one...I just don't want to build the other box and then find out that I really wasted my time and should have built it in the trunk in the first place.

build that **** in the trunk!!

that's what i had to do for my 15" btl. initially i can fit 4.cu@30hz slot ported in and out of my trunk. but a kerfed enclosure was larger so i said **** it and built that **** in the trunk.

if you really want it. you will do it.

heh...I kind of figured I would end up doing it when I bought the subs....I just couldnt pass up the deal. I am more then willing to do it. Its just a last resort kind of thing lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.